Hello forum members

Drag

Car
Prelude H22A4 1999
Hi all. I am Greg (Drag) from Bloomington, Indiana. I am 72 yrs. old and just got interested in modifying my 1999 Prelude (H22A4) 2 yrs ago.
I originally bought the car for my son in 2006. I found it in Atlanta and it had only 42K on the odometer. We drove it back to Indiana and had a blast doing so. The Prelude is much more of a sports car than I realized.

two years ago my son was trading the Prelude on a motorcycle. The red paint had oxydized and it had two large dents (hood and rear) on it. He asked me to drive it to the dealership to trade it in. On the way there I I was reminded of just how fun this car is to drive. Long story short I paid my son what they were giving him for it and drove it home. At this point my son had done the following mods: cold air intake, racing exhaust header, elimination of the cat converter (oops illegal), anti sway bar under the rear differential, stiffening bars connecting the strut towers front and back.
So far here is what I have done or had done to it:
had body fixed and repainted by a local car restoration shop called Twice as Nice owned by Dan Smith, the painter. He did a beautiful job!,
I put Yonaka coil over struts on it (I highly recommend Yonaka) and lowered the car 2 5/8", Put custom wheels and new tires on it, custom headlights and custom tail lights.
My next step is to increase the horsepower. That is why I joined this forum.
If anyone runs a H22A4 and has done mods I would really appreciate hearing about them.
BTW the Prelude now has 105K on it and runs really well.
Thats all Folks,
Drag

Hi and welcome Drag |B

I recently changed from a RWD turbo powered car to a 2011 Civic type R and use it for club level motorsport as well as the odd trip each week.

The easiest way to have a substantial power increase is to go the forced induction way as getting big gains in a NA car can be expensive.

You may want to research to see if a K swap and or a K Frank is doable.

There is no rear diff as it is a FWD so the "diff" may actually be the 4 wheel steer mechanical' s

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Prelude

Which model do you have ?

PS would love to be 72 again :D

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Greg, yeah that rear differential confused me, but as mentioned seems to be the mechanics of the 4 wheel steering system. Have you done chip tuning? That is pretty cool and stylish what you claim to do lol, would love to see what it will come out, post pictures when you can

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back