Hello fellow Torque Monsters!

DronePiX

Car
Hyundai Elantra GT
Hi everyone, my name is Daniel and I'm an avid aerial drone photographer (hence my side-business company name as my profile name, "DronePiX", those interested can find me on Facebook at Facebook.com/DronePiX.Aerial.Photography
Now enough with the nitty gritty, I've joined this great forum as I've found the best advice here on performance tuning, as I'm slowly modifying my 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT 2.0L to get more fuel mileage, better throttle response, a bit more bhp (front wheel drive ofc) and that "throaty rumble sound" we all thrive for once we've passed 53yrs of age lol.
So far I've added a Stage 1 Performance Chip (considering the Stage 2 Chip) a Raizin Battery Voltage Regulator and an Injen Cold Air Intake Kit. I'll post some photos soon.
My question atm is "where can I find a stainless steel 4-2-1 exhaust manifold header for my 2.0L 4cyl engine? I've searched all over online and only found used steel aftermarket parts.

HI there, it's great to meet you. Sadly I can't see where you are from - it looks like random letters and symbols but I've deleted them now, it could have been a password or something. (if it was you might want to stop using that password in case anyone saw it!) ;)

The steel ones are lighter, and usually have a better finish than cast headers so flow better, so why are you going for a cast one? (if indeed that is what you are seeking!)

A good exhaust fabricator should be able to make up a header for you, typically they will take a standard header, cut it away and weld in new pipes to create the 4-2-1 you seek. You'll find these on small industrial estates usually, often a one man operation but if he can weld and shape tune then he's your man.

My suggestion would buy the steel headers and get them ceramic coated inside and out as that will add longevity as well as keep underbonnet temperatures lower and more heat in the exhaust gasses for better scavenging.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back