Hello everyone

OldMrT

Car
TVR 350i, Volvo 940
Hello people, I only found this site today whilst looking for some tuning advice, I've been in the motor trade all my life (a very long time now!) and have built and owned so many cars I've lost count but currently I have two Volvo 940 Estates, one modified and one standard a TVR 350i which I'm currently rebuilding the engine and my reason for the tuning search today was for an E36 316i that I've just got my wife. It really is a lovely car with only 32,000 miles, two owners and a full BMW dealer history but it is a bit slow! I'm not interested in cam or engine swaps with this one, I had hoped for a remap but my searches aren't coming up with much, now I know I won't get much more but it should be able to be livened up a bit. Well, that's a little bit about me so if anyone knows of anything avalable for the N43B16 engine please let me know. I don't get much internet time so if I'm slow responding bear with me! As and when I get time I'll try and post some stuff on my TVR and Volvo's ;)

I'd love to own a 940 estate sleeper as with all things the prices are just going up again on these so don't think it'll be happening soon....

Waynne the admin here and I would like to personally extend a sincere welcome to TorqueCars. I apologise for the delay in responding; I've had a really busy period recently, but I believe I've caught up now.

Piggy back ECU's seem to be the way to go on these.

I'm certain you'll fit right in, and I'm looking forward to talking cars with you.

I love the idea of this project, and I'm a big fan of automotive variety in whatever form it takes from cars to project ideas.

What modifications have you previously made, and which ones would you recommend? Is there anything you'd want us to write about on our main site? - The feedback we get from our members has a significant impact on the research and information we produce.

We have a wealth of information on our website and in this forum, so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your own experiences and insights. We're all here to help each other out.

A lot of people say we're the nicest car community around, and we're always happy to provide a helping hand.

Enjoy your stay with us, post as much as you can, and feel free to ask questions or start new topics and debates. Your thoughts and opinions on our current issues and hot polls are always welcome.

Has our new TV channel caught your attention? When you've had a chance to watch it, please let us know what you think of it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

I'd love to own a 940 estate sleeper as with all things the prices are just going up again on these so don't think it'll be happening soon....

Waynne the admin here and I would like to personally extend a sincere welcome to TorqueCars. I apologise for the delay in responding; I've had a really busy period recently, but I believe I've caught up now.

Piggy back ECU's seem to be the way to go on these.

I'm certain you'll fit right in, and I'm looking forward to talking cars with you.

I love the idea of this project, and I'm a big fan of automotive variety in whatever form it takes from cars to project ideas.

What modifications have you previously made, and which ones would you recommend? Is there anything you'd want us to write about on our main site? - The feedback we get from our members has a significant impact on the research and information we produce.

We have a wealth of information on our website and in this forum, so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your own experiences and insights. We're all here to help each other out.

A lot of people say we're the nicest car community around, and we're always happy to provide a helping hand.

Enjoy your stay with us, post as much as you can, and feel free to ask questions or start new topics and debates. Your thoughts and opinions on our current issues and hot polls are always welcome.

Has our new TV channel caught your attention? When you've had a chance to watch it, please let us know what you think of it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars
Many thanks for the welcome Wayne, as far as tuning the 316 is concerened I did look at the piggy back option but as far as I can see this model is pre OBD so that may not be an option either but I'll keep investigating! When you say what modifications have you made, do you mean on the BMW, the Volvo's or the TVR? if it's the 316, nothing yet, we've only just got it but my wife is pretty dissapointed with the lack of power but the car is so good it will be worth sorting that bit out if I can :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back