Hello Everyone

SkullKrusher

Car
06 Kia Optima 2.7 V
Hey there, I'm SkullKrusher but you can call me Skully. I'm new to the forums and wanted to say hello.
I drive a slightly modified 06 Kia Optima 2.7 v6 and would love information and ideas to make my car a high performance daily driver to really wow people at shows.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Glad you're enjoying the site, it's taken many years of work to get it to this point, and we keep trying to improve it.

Whats your budget and are you mainly after show mods (cosmetic), or performance mods?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

I am primarily looking for input on performance mods 4 it is hard to find for instance headers for my car. I'm also looking for a catless exhaust system. How to increase spark in fuel flow in my car. My car also uses coil on plug style coils. I'm always open for ideas cosmetic as well though I may not use them for the visuals of the car are as unique as I am. For example Visually I have cut fenders to fit the Cooper Cobra GT tires I have on with a wide stance. It's a dark gray / silver car with bed liner around the fenders and the bottom edge of the car and a red pinstripe separating the two.

IF you really want to improve performance then IMO you need to fit either a turbo or supercharger.
The turbo will get the best bang 4 your buck as the boost curve / response can be altered by the different turbine housings whereas a belt driven charger will respond in a linear fashion much like a more powerful NA motor regardless of the pulley size.

The differences are that while both types are maxed @ say 20 psi the SC will only be there @ the redline whereas the turbo will be @ 20psi @ say 3000 revs all the way to the redline so 2 identical cars with different systems the turbo wins hands down IMHO

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back