Hello everybody

Hi and welcome :)

Assuming the car is NA and petrol powered and If I was wanting to up the power then a supercharger might be my 1st choice with app say 5 lb boost.

Turboing a NA motor would IMO require an engine build with forged pistons and rods for starters as well as deep pockets.

IF it is a turbo model (petrol or diesel) then absolutely without a doubt the best bang for your $$$ is to replace the restrictive factory exhaust with a MANDREL bent system of say 2.5 inch diameter from the turbine outlet with a hi flow cat and straight thru mufflers.

That was my first mod and IIRC the before and after dyno sheets done on the same day showed app 15% increase in power and torque.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The car is a 1.6 petrol turbo. Should have mentioned that in the first place.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The car is a 1.6 petrol turbo. Should have mentioned that in the first place.

No worries |B

Just remember that turbos do not need any exhaust back pressure after the turbine outlet to get the best result.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site.

Remap, fast road cams suspension mods are all on my top mods list for those engines.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back