hello - calling all e34 modders...

biggrapeape

Car
e34 535
Recently bought a 535 to replace my dying 530; want to buy a lowering kit that is not drastic, just perceptibly beneficial to handling without losing my teeth as the stupid council have riddled my village with speed bumps, nice one Tony Caine! considering a spend of circa £450-500;

would like Koni adjustables but they are a bit pricey unless I'm looking in the wrong places. Another forum suggested H&R springs but I have only found them for my car on a USA site.

Am I right in thinking an all-in kit would be wise as the springs will match the shox? At the mo a Weitec kit looks a good bet, but without prior experience it's only speculation with regard to cost. Sensible suggestions gratefully received.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome, nice to meet you. I'll move this to the BMW forum later on for you (or another mod will) ;)

All in one kits are the way to go. Fully adjustable shocks will let you play wih ride height and handling settings so you can personalise it. I would only drop it around 40mm max though.

Have you found any Bilstein kits around? They have been recommended by a few on here;)

Cheers, I thought all-in-ones would be best; bilsteins look a bit too costly for my pocket and I've heard they are the firmest which might be too firm for me. Price-wise the weitec kit is looking a good option but haven't found anyone who has had one.

Cheers, I thought all-in-ones would be best; bilsteins look a bit too costly for my pocket and I've heard they are the firmest which might be too firm for me. Price-wise the weitec kit is looking a good option but haven't found anyone who has had one.

With suspension you certainly do get what you pay for. It would be nice to have a free trial of performance parts before buying them to make sure they suit the car but this is sadly little more than a pipe dream.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back