Hello all nice to meet you

Llionj080

Car
BMW 320d E92 M-Spor
Hi All, my name is Llion I come from North Wales. I have a BMW 320D E92 M-Sport N47 engine, I have done a few modification myself like the usual easy installs, vented disk with yellow stuff break pads, K&N Induction Kit. As of late my turbocharger actuator has gone faulty and is irregularly opening the turbo on the car. Instead of repairing im thinking of an upgrade. Can anyone advise on a turbo upgrade that will fit my car, is a twin turbo possible? any other modification anyone knows of for this model car please let me know. Thanks

Hello and welcome |B

I am have almost no knowledge of diesel motor mods but am sure that there will be someone here that will be able to help.

IMO the first mod to any turbo motor petrol or diesel should be a larger diameter free flowing exhaust system as turbos work best with zero back pressure and that allows them to spool up faster.

Twin turbos can be fitted but add complication and whatever way you go it is vital that it gets remapped by a knowledgeable diesel turbo tuner on a dyno BEFORE you try out the extra performance.

Hello there and let me give you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars - car tuning forums, and thank you for joining us.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it. Are you looking for track mods or fast road?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

A twin scroll would be my suggestion to improve a diesel, and some of the more recent diesel turbo units from BMW will virtually swap out with your stock one, or you could go hybrid and get the internals uprated and swapped out. I think darkside developments do a few units for your engine so might be worth dropping them a line.

Hi there and welcome to the site. Sorry I've not been around much, been crazy busy looking after family .

Good to have you here. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back