Hello all, first time obviously.

Luxthor

I'm supposed to sign in i think. Er... I came here for help, but i'm not sure how to do so without violating the rules here. Don't want to risk getting kicked off. I'll post my question here and maybe as it's my first time you'll direct me to where i need to be? I also sent a similar request to another webmaster but i can't remember his name. I'm awaiting delivery of my 2007 Audi S-8. I want to Mod it all the way (street max) but i know nothing about tuning, mechanical, or body work. I'm basically just a driver but i think i do ok at that. I'm searching for folks that can direct me to folks who do know. Help?

Hi Luxthor - don't worry were not that strict here :lol: . Welcome to the site. I'll get back to you with some advice later on - just off out now! I'm abig Audi fan myself - only got an A3 T Sport though! Drop a question in the Audi forum below as well and the tother Audi guys will also give you some feedback!

The s8's have an awesome engine if its the V10 I'm thinking about 0-60 in 5.1 secs - the first thing I would do is get a sports ECU fitted and uprate the fuel system. As you are going for the max you should uprate the bottom end of the engine with harder pistons etc... Fitting bigger valves and getting the head gas flowed will also maximise the power delivery. What I love the most about the s8's is the way the power comes in smooth and steady all the way up the rev range! Handling wise the car is really nicely setup from the factory - but if you can cope with a harder ride then I would go for some adjustable shocks and uprated springs too. A lower ratio gearbox will also increase the acceleration quite a bit as the car is designed for cruising the autobahn instead of sprinting. It is also a pretty heavy car at just under 2 tons so putting it on a diet would be a good idea, look into carbon fibre bonnet and body panels as these are very light and look really cool. Post a question in the Audi section below for some more ideas or more details on these points. :wink:

Thanks alot for the timely reply Wayne. I appreciate the advice as well. However i'm not gonna even attempt to touch this car myself. It's very expensive and i know what i'll do to it if i try. I'm actually seeking to find a reputable shop anywhere in Germany where i can send it to get the work done by folks who will do it right and then guarantee the work. I'm in Germany and plan on being here for a while (years). How do i get to the Audi section where i can sak those guys and gals?

K-Town. South close to the French Border. Officially known as Kaiserslautern. It's not even a problem chief. I'll send that car all the way back to the states (where they're shipping it from anyways) to get what i want done, done. Of course if i can save myself the additional cost and still get the results i want then i'd prefer that way.

Can you also explain what this Greese Monkey i see under my handle represents? I only want to make sure that no one actually makes the mistake of thinking i know anything about working on cars. I've tried to make it very clear that i'm the last one anyone should ask for mechanical help. I'll seriously hurt your car and you'll be all mad.

Grease Monkey was taken from a film (Wing Commander) and was used to denote a mechanic in the space ship dock. The rank does not denote or imply expertise and merely reflects the amount of messages you have posted. You will become a 'Wrench Kid' Next. We won't expect you to answer any difficult questions but feel free to join in with the general conversations which can get quite funny at time. You may even know something that will help someone else out - thats the way it goes with cars sometimes. There are also a selection of Polls to vote on which help me to decide what articles to cover in the main site!

So you are in Germany the home of Audi and you are buying the car from the states and shipping it back to the country it was designed in - I guess you have your reasons and it does probably work out cheaper.

Roger that Obi-Wan. Thanks for the update. Ya ever been over in this country? I'm gonna keep commin back till i know something about cars. Then of course i'll be an expert and can go about showing my new knowledge to my girl. (who right now knows more about cars and mechanics than i do) Shhhh! Tell no one. I'm fixing the problem right now.

hello!
you need any hep with the stylin tips let me no, take a look in the gallery and see what i did to mine! not bad for a girl!

Gallery? Umm... ok i give up. I tried going to your profile, no gallery. I'm still looking, but nothing is jumping out at me just yet that says "Gallery here"

If you click the Red Car above that says Home you will see a menu showing the 3 forums we have

Torquecars - general car stuff here and the Gallery 2nd option up from the bottom.

The next section is makes and models which is for questions that relate to a specific car or engine so we can all find it again easier.

The 3rd section is the members room for Jokes, Meets and general NON car chatter.

I must get the navigation made a little easier! What computer and browser are you using?

Here is a link straight to the gallery pages http://chat.torquecars.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=43

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back