HEEELLPPPP!!!!! insurance

slingshot

Wrench Pro
Car
mitsi fto import
hi all, i need help trying to find an insurance company that will add my wife who is 30 to my insurance on my modded fto.
the problem is shes been driving as a named driver for 9 years but she still only got her provisional licence as shes never got round to the test.
my insurance is only just over 300 quid fully comp but when i try to get my fife on it they either wont do it or its about 3 and 1/2 grand :amazed:

anybody got any ideas?????

Who have you tried so we can cross them off. Adrian Flux give a TorqueCars discount.

9 years on a provisional licence is going to put off a lot of insurers. I think it might be more cost effective to get a £500 car and some insurance for her then when she has had a licence for 1 year it will be a lot eaiser to get cover on the FTO.

TBH I think your going to struggle, you could try Adrian Flux or HIC but I doubt they'll be much cheaper. It'll probably be cheaper to buy her a cheap 2nd hand small hatch & run that around for a couple of years to build up her NCB (whens she's taken her test ;))

just being nosey but why hasnt she done her test if she has been driving for 9 years? surely it must be a pain for her if she ever wants to go anywhere in the car on her own.

I personally wouldnt want L plates on for 9 years lol

Have you tried admiral?

Last edited:
just being nosey but why hasnt she done her test if she has been driving for 9 years? surely it must be a pain for her if she ever wants to go anywhere in the car on her own.

I personally wouldnt want L plates on for 9 years lol

Have you tried admiral?

shes always intended in doing her test but when getting round to it she either been pregnant:blink: or looking after our "now 4 kids"
in over the past couple of years she and my youngest daughter have been fighting cancer .

http://www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk/news/Miracle-baby-winning-fight-against.5448751.jp

RESULT :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

SWINTON can do us fully comp with all the extras , declaring all the mods for 490 quid YES four hundred and ninety great british pounds.
thats 800 quid cheaper than the best quote i had putting her on mine and 3 grand cheaper than doing her own policy :p:p:p

:bigsmile:little one is getting there bless her , wifes got a long way to go yet as hospital have found a load more problems and operations lined up for her.

thanks for the thought though.:bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back