Headlight tinting

Chris7024

Torque Junkie
Car
peugeot 207 1.4
I got spray tint to tint the headlights blue but I don't know how to remove to case over the headlights. I can unscrew four screws and 2 bolts, then I can lift the black flap a bit but I can't actually take anything out to get to the headlights

you cant unscrew a headlight mate, it comes as 1 unit and thats it
best bit to do is mask off the car around the lights, or take the whole unit out

welcome to tc aswell

The actual glass is usually held on to the plastic backing with some clips. But if you tint your headlights blue get ready to have them or your car removed at the side of the road....

The actual glass is usually held on to the plastic backing with some clips. But if you tint your headlights blue get ready to have them or your car removed at the side of the road....
thats correct tn, but you cannot take it apart, you'll break the unit
and also correct on the side of the rd thing

Not if your carefull once the clips are off it's only held on by glue or whatever to seal them together to stop leaks they do come apart with care.
i wouldnt chance it, not for something that you could be pulled and told get rid of it, just buy blue lights and keep the normal bulbs in the dash:D

they horsed me out of the car over having my park lights blue, they say you'll look like the law to other motorists, thats ok officer, id hate to look like ye bunch =- dirty rotten pigs lol

they horsed me out of the car over having my park lights blue, they say you'll look like the law to other motorists, thats ok officer, id hate to look like ye bunch =- dirty rotten pigs lol

Thats silly though don't ya think cause police headlight flash white not blue...

Is it really that difficult to get to the headlights? The guy in the shop said it's easy to do it. Surely lots of people must have done it before.. how can it be so difficult?
I've seen lots of people with blue headlights, and it says on the box of the tint I've got that it's road legal and they found that cars with it have passed the MOT too. So why would I get pulled over? How much are bulbs though? And wouldn't they be more difficult to put on than tint?

Thats silly though don't ya think cause police headlight flash white not blue...
not over here, they actually flash blue, and the new craze with them now is side repeaters, their also blue
the cheek of them coping our modding styles lol:blink:

Is it really that difficult to get to the headlights? The guy in the shop said it's easy to do it. Surely lots of people must have done it before.. how can it be so difficult?
I've seen lots of people with blue headlights, and it says on the box of the tint I've got that it's road legal and they found that cars with it have passed the MOT too. So why would I get pulled over? How much are bulbs though? And wouldn't they be more difficult to put on than tint?
ive seen yellow tints aswell mate (mostly jap imports)
of course the guy in the shop will say its easy, just to sell the product

blue bulbs are your best and easiest option, but if you want the lights tinted, go to the main dealer and ask them to take apart the headlight for you, bet you they wont do it, your not ment to take apart the headlight
i agree with TN in most things, but not this
look at a car that has a crash and the glass of the headlight is broke, they dont change the glass, they change the whole unit

another thing you can try is, you can get blue tint for the wing mirrors for a car, their mostlet used to stop the glare of lights at night, but you can see with it perfectly, try that, in fact try all the above bar taking the headlight apart, your only looking for trouble there

So how would I put the bulbs in without taking the headlight apart? Isn't it pretty much the same method as tinting?

So how would I put the bulbs in without taking the headlight apart? Isn't it pretty much the same method as tinting?
no, changing bulbs is a piesce of cake
pop the hood and look at the back of the headlight, you see a rubber booth, take that off, you'll see the bulb with a connection of wires on it, take that off, there should be a spring holding the bulb in place, take it off and pull out the bulb, repeat the oppiste to put it back:D

Ok I had a look under the bonnet. I can see the rubber things you're talking about but they're in so tight and there's loads of other stuff around them. How do you get them out, it doesn't look easy.

Ok I had a look under the bonnet. I can see the rubber things you're talking about but they're in so tight and there's loads of other stuff around them. How do you get them out, it doesn't look easy.
post a minimume of 10, then you can take pics, post me pics of the unit as ive never changed lights in your type of car:D

ok going away back to the beginning youve removed the screw and the bolts, all of them ??? take the bumper off you might find more under there. also there might be some hidden by the grill.
once youve got the lamp out put it in a warm oven (search the internet for the proper temps ) for a few mins and you should be able to gently prise the glue apart.

What about just changing the bulbs instead of tinting? Would it be easier? Could I just take those rubber things off, take the old bulbs out and put new ones in? Is it that easy?

And how much do you think bulbs would cost for my car? It's an 08 model, does that mean they could be quite expensive?
I'll try taking the bulbs out first before I buy new ones, just so I know I can do it

Pretty much anyone can change a bulb. DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS WITH YOUR SKIN THOUGH!

Some people use coloured side lights and leave the main bulbs plain. I did this with blue and they got taken out at the MOT as they are not legal !:(

Its worth noting that the bulbs with the blue glass do not shine as blue they filter the blue and make the light a little warmer.

Pretty much anyone can change a bulb. DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS WITH YOUR SKIN THOUGH!

Some people use coloured side lights and leave the main bulbs plain. I did this with blue and they got taken out at the MOT as they are not legal !:(

Its worth noting that the bulbs with the blue glass do not shine as blue they filter the blue and make the light a little warmer.

I've got rainbow sidelights in the primera the colour changing one's and when I went for the MOT I forgot to take them out and they still passed it... I know the mechanic and all he said was where did I buy them from cause he wanted some too....:D:D:D

The blue filter actually makes the light colder. THese shouldn't gail an MoT. I have the Osram w5w onee which are bright white and no-one's queried them at MoT time.

Different MOTers say different things lol. Why not touch the glass with your skin? And do you mean the glass on the bulb?

Ok.. you obviously think I'm an idiot now. I'm a beginner so I don't know what to expect lol. So should I put them on the headlights or sidelights? Are they likely to be bright enough to be seen in the day? Will the same bulbs work in headlights and sidelights? And how much do you think they'd cost.. like cheapest price and highest.

Ok.. you obviously think I'm an idiot now. I'm a beginner so I don't know what to expect lol. So should I put them on the headlights or sidelights? Are they likely to be bright enough to be seen in the day? Will the same bulbs work in headlights and sidelights? And how much do you think they'd cost.. like cheapest price and highest.

Coloured lights go in your side lights. Mine are just visible in the daytime but very bright at night. Also mine cost around 10 pounds from halfords. An no I don't think your an idiot everyone has to start somewhere. An if you ask me you came to the right place to start...:bigsmile:

Ok I don't get that. How do the lights go inside lights?
I thought you just take out the current bulbs and then put the new ones in. Or is that only with headlights?

Yeah I know that. But you said coloured lights go in your sidelights. Does that mean you're putting a bulb inside something??

All the lamps have to be mounted somewhere. THe current trend is to mount the sidelight lamps within the main beam enclosure or between it and the dipped beam enclosure. Don't fit coloured ones. Simply replacing the old lamps with new ones makes a hell of a difference.

All the lamps have to be mounted somewhere. THe current trend is to mount the sidelight lamps within the main beam enclosure or between it and the dipped beam enclosure. Don't fit coloured ones. Simply replacing the old lamps with new ones makes a hell of a difference.

Yeah but your boring lol ;) We want coloured bulbs....:bigsmile::lol::lol::lol: