Headlight conversion for my Golf MK3 GTi

Is there a site that does really good selection of headlights out there? or a few sites that people know. im not loaded either so they need to be sites that arnt to hard on the wallet. Also is it fairly straight foward to change over the headlights?

ebay some good deals on there

usually just a couple of bolts hold the headlight in place however you will need to get them alignment adjusted to save you blinding other drivers any mechanic that mot tests can do this for you

hid lights the bulbs alone will cost around £140 never mind the accuall headlights

the hid will have a ballast which increases the voltage

chances are when you buy the lights they will take normal bulbs but can be upgrades to hid using a upgrade pack at around £140 but like hdi says this are hard to get to level without blinding otherdrivers

bear in mind that if you decide to change headlights and bulbs that the headlights you bought will not melt if you up the wattage.

you find a few chavistas buying as brighter bulbs as possible legally and then they just melted the whole headlamp.

yeah stick to 55-60w bulbs unless they have GLASS not plastic/perspex otherwise they will melt

i found out the hard way with a set of driving light which i chanded from 55w road legal bulbs to 130w rally bulbs melted the plastic i was luck as i was able to get clear glass to replace the plastic its a lot harder to get glass to fit headlights

yeah but i live out in the country had the 130w bulbs in the addidional driving lights on the bumber and they were connected to my full beam only also had them in my foglights and rewired to come on with full beams it gave me a much better and clearer vision at night the headlight full and dipped beam were both 55w still passed its mot with them in place

helpful when you have deer badgers phesants etc jumping out at night.
not really needed in the bight lights of essex though

A row of 180W spots - rally style should do the trick in the countryside. :wink: So much light pollution that people start waking up thinking its morning as you drive past! :lol:

couldnt find 180w bulbs only 130 ones there was 4 driving lights and 2 in the foglights and that made it feel like daytime also good when you had people that didnt dip their headlights

they never won :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohh ave done that by accident. shorted out a live from the battery, being smart never bothered to disconnect the battery cut the wire and it earthed in a nice big blue spark.

was fun ripping out most of the dash to replace it all