Headlamp cover tinting - Suggestions please

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
I am removing the pop-up headlamps on the Elan and replacing them with small fixed units (need the space under them for air filter and oil cooler). The hole left by the removed pods will be coverd by a curved perspex panels, a little like small bike windscreens. I want to apply a tint to this but, being concave, film is very tricky to apply. I was thinking of using a spray tint instead as I can then do it myself and adjust the tint to my preference.

Anyone had any experience of these spays (I used one on my 105E Anglia more than 30 years ago), rcommendations of which one to use and any tips on preparation and spraying techniques?

What colour are you going for? Wouldn't the film go on if you applied heat? Maybe 2fast can create some vinyl stripes for you?

from what i have seen of late on cars i woulnt recommend tint spray it actually looks like they have put tights over their lights :amazed:

What colour are you going for? Wouldn't the film go on if you applied heat? Maybe 2fast can create some vinyl stripes for you?

Grey. Problem is fitting film to the inside (concave) of the cover. Heating the film will simply shrink it away from the perspex, IMO.