Header

i've thought about that but there's no performance part produces the bbtb for gen2...so far that i concern.

ur beemer is single vanos or double vanos?

It's neither mate. The M42 engine doesn't have it. It's valvetronic I think.

You could always have your throttle bodies bored out. Might be expensive though.

will u mods this m42?:bigsmile:

Plan to. For the engine itself I plan a cat-back exhaust (stainless steel and 2 1/4 inch diameter) and a de-cat to match. I'll be going for some BBTBs and I may play around with the air intake depending on funds. It's either going to be a panel filter, or a carbon intake. Quite a difference in price between the two :lol:. After I've finished doing that I'll be getting it remapped. After everything above I am hoping for 160bhp+.

I'm also planning a couple of brake upgrades and a couple thousand pounds worth of suspension upgrades.

Plan to. For the engine itself I plan a cat-back exhaust (stainless steel and 2 1/4 inch diameter) and a de-cat to match. I'll be going for some BBTBs and I may play around with the air intake depending on funds. It's either going to be a panel filter, or a carbon intake. Quite a difference in price between the two :lol:. After I've finished doing that I'll be getting it remapped. After everything above I am hoping for 160bhp+.

I'm also planning a couple of brake upgrades and a couple thousand pounds worth of suspension upgrades.

nicee...im sure u can get 160bhp+...
is that true if we cutting off the middle muffler can make the exhaust flow is more smoother? but im sure that the sound from the exhaust is louder right?

nicee...im sure u can get 160bhp+...
is that true if we cutting off the middle muffler can make the exhaust flow is more smoother? but im sure that the sound from the exhaust is louder right?

Basically the catalytic converter is restrictive as far as air flow goes. It's great for controlling emissions but not so good for helping performance. What you can do is replace it with a straight through pipe. This is called a de-cat. Prices vary depending on vehicle and size required. The thing you need to remember though is the de-cat needs to be the same size as your exhaust. So take my car for example, the exhaust diameter will be 2 1/4 inches, so the de-cat diameter must also be 2 1/4 inches.

The exhaust will be louder which is something to consider if noise limits are an issue. In the UK your exhaust isn't supposed to be louder than 105dB IIRC for track days. The Nurburgring uses a 95dB limit.

I've never heard of this tbh. I can't imagine why it would be needed.

ermmm...that thing is like a small fan and it located after the airbox filter (inside the rampipe). can u describes it?:amuse: the seller told that the mini fan is just like a mini turbine for n/a car...can deliver more air inside the engine same as a real turbine do...
that what they are claims...:lol:

Those little fan things that sit in the intake pipe are a load of rubbish.
If anything they would restrict airflow as they can't spin fast enough.;)

Those little fan things that sit in the intake pipe are a load of rubbish.
If anything they would restrict airflow as they can't spin fast enough.;)

ermm...i think ur right bro...if the air has been block so the engine wont breathing smoothly and swallow more fuel...am i right?;)

this is one of the example...

Attachments

• mini fan.jpg
    mini fan.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back