Head or heart

Bolder1

Car
Insignia
Hello. Posted a few times years ago but forgot my details so signed up fresh.
I own a 2016 insignia diesel 170bhp. But always wanted a suburu impreza but put off i now get 48mpg combined the scooby 20 if ur lucky iv drove a few just not owned. I can map my car to 200 bhp the wrx is 225bhp. Mine under warranty. Thats the big one for me the unknown ££££. Mines expensive but i know what i need each month

Let me know your old account and I'll merge it with the new one for you.

Good to hear from you again. The running costs are a major consideration and it makes sense in my mind to run a diesel. The Impreza is a lovely car with a stunning sounding engine and a real sporty feel but it will cost a fortune to run. Cost per mile and extra fun factor are to be weighed up carefully.

Scoobies can be perfectly reliable and fun if you look after them. Loads of advice, parts and tuning stuff out there too.

Sometimes you have to go for it.

I love my scooby but I am constantly filling up the tank :)
If you cant deal with 20-22 mpg, more regular (and probably more expensive) service and higher insurance, then think carefully before getting one.

If you do go for it, choose carefully. A few pointers:
Modded ones can be absolute sheds;
Original will command a higher price due to the above;
Research which model you want and don't compromise (for example I wanted an STI and I knew if I "settled" on a WRX I would have regretted it, it took longer to find, but was worth it.)

Like with all cars, research, test drive, walk away if anything feels wrong. Dont get buyers remorse.

My head knows i shud keep the insignia. Its on pcp and a final figure off £5000 for a 4 year old car that i will kno all the history off. Esp since will probs off started a family by then

It is difficult - the Insignia is a decent car, you know its history and with a remap would go well enough. It'll be cheap to run and to maintain and 5k for it is a bargain really.

But if you've got that itch for something it's hard to ignore it. Last March when I decided to change my trusty but aging Focus I test drove a lot of cars, Insignia, Astra, Focus, Passat etc. And they were good cars, but they just didn't give me the feeling that I got when I drove the C-class. I had the same quandry though, for my money I could have got 12/13 plate Astra Elites, all the kit, but I took a punt on a 58 plate Mercedes instead. And I'm glad I did.

Does it have to be a Subaru? There are some good performance bargains out there now, Focus ST, FN2 Civic type R for instance.

I'd have had an RS if I'd had an extra £20k to dump out at the time, sadly not. I'm happy with my current power until the next mod. The ST's are great cars and well worth a look. You'll get much better mpg and more performance than the Subaru at standard as well :p