Head Modification Zafira B

Wickedread

Car
Zafira 1.8 SRI
I got a Zafira B VXR engine minus box injectors and turbo. Can i fit the head from it to my Sri 1800 Zafira B manual petrol. I know its low compression head but twin gaskets etc or just put the 2 litre cams in mine head as i am getting my valve stems redone on my SRI.

Sorry for my slow reply.

I don't think it will swap in.

Do check that the oil and water channels match and obviously the cylinders line up and you might just get away with it . In some cases the ECU will need to be adjusted.

Looking at the gaskets for these engines it looks like the channels are quite differently laid out but I'm not able to match up model years or engine codes on these so my info might be wrong.

Why not do a complete engine swap? The mounts and wiring looms are as far as I can recall the same on these engines?

BTW: Twin gaskets is a dirty temp fix for compression, it's better to get a thicker gasket though.

Sorry for my slow reply.

I don't think it will swap in.

Do check that the oil and water channels match and obviously the cylinders line up and you might just get away with it . In some cases the ECU will need to be adjusted.

Looking at the gaskets for these engines it looks like the channels are quite differently laid out but I'm not able to match up model years or engine codes on these so my info might be wrong.

Why not do a complete engine swap? The mounts and wiring looms are as far as I can recall the same on these engines?

BTW: Twin gaskets is a dirty temp fix for compression, it's better to get a thicker gasket though.
Thanks reply.. i am not engine swap as saving to biy Vectra 3.0 V6 and modify the engine to fit my car with a supetcharger.

But what if i use the Cams from the VXR Turbo engine put in my SRI 1800 head and reseat the valves n ports etc then put back on my car. That should give me close to mild fast road cam performance. I know i need remap it. My friend said pickup and performance be great as to cam duration is higher on the VXR .. yes no.. I got all the parts so all i need pay is labour.. my valve stems leaking oil and needs done anyway