hdi fun

willyb

Wrench Pro
Car
306 hdi
hey anyone know if a kkk turbo out of a d turbo will work on a hdi .the intercooler will fit at least that much i can make sense of :toung:

Hopefully our man Jarrus will see this thread and come to your aid, he is a renowned boffin on all things Pug ;)

hi mate,

unfortunately the kkk from a 1.9 wont fit the hdi.... the bolt pattern is different....
youre kind of limited to hybrid turbos as a direct fit.... but people have fitted other stuff even vnt turbos....
but then again the standard turbo is capable of 160hp

More torque out the box on a HDI then there is on the GTi6 ( I think). Once you get a BMW 330 fuel pump, fuel lines, some merc injectors, fmic and a remap you'll easily reach 160hp, as Jarrus said, the stock turbos are only rated for around 160bhp. So VNT or Hybrid will see you through, if you have £500 quid spare hybrid is the way forward.

cool sound any ideas for an intercooler ?or is their any need and i think i read somewhere that the hdi doesnt constantly use the turbo ?only when it needs to or something along those lines !!???ha

cool sound any ideas for an intercooler ?or is their any need and i think i read somewhere that the hdi doesnt constantly use the turbo ?only when it needs to or something along those lines !!???ha

You can get a IC kit off of Ebay. I think there are ready, pre made kits for the HDI.

You can make anything fit if you use the proper tool etc...

I personally would go compound or VNT or a HDi rather than a hybrid turbo....

id leave the standard k03 or gt15 at standard boost, or maybe slightly increased to something like 17-18 psi.. then have a td04-15g or similar blowing into it... problem is that there is a lack of space behind the engine, so it would have to go in place of the battery....

cool beans twin turbos sounds tempting !the hdi turbo thats in it is fine the only problem i have is the way the turbo only kicks in around 3000 nd is gone by 4 k would having the 2nd turbo give u more turbo time ?to put it bluntly !!haha

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back