hdi 110 ecu

jarrus

Pro Tuner
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Right then, this really is mainly a question for HDi fun (sorry dude I don't you real name) however I thought I'd post a thread rather than just send him a PM because there might be someone on here that know's something else

My question is: does the 406 110 hdi have ECU boost control?
I don't think there is but I have heard that some were and some weren't so I just wanted to know if it was cause it way help in my quest for a fast 306 turbo diesel

also on a separate note, how everyone doing? It's been a while since I've been on here :)

Right then, this really is mainly a question for HDi fun (sorry dude I don't you real name) however I thought I'd post a thread rather than just send him a PM because there might be someone on here that know's something else

My question is: does the 406 110 hdi have ECU boost control?
I don't think there is but I have heard that some were and some weren't so I just wanted to know if it was cause it way help in my quest for a fast 306 turbo diesel

also on a separate note, how everyone doing? It's been a while since I've been on here :)

I'm assuming your speaking of the 2.0 unit, not the later 1.6 HDi 110.

Yes, it does have total control of the turbo, the ECU is Bosch EDC15 and as far as I know it's the same unit as for the HDi 90 and HDi 136; clearly with different operating parameters and there will be some code unique to Peugeot.

To make use of it, you will still need a HDi engine - there's nothing that can be done with your XUDT engine in terms of electronic control.

If you do 'drop' a HDi engine in (I'd go with the 2.2 over the 2.0, much more tuneable) you might well still need to get the code altered so it ignores inputs that your car doesn't provide.

I thought the 90 didn't have boost control, but obviously I was wrong, but yeah I thought about just buying a 306 hdi and tune it up a bit, I still got the quote from pug1off though but before I do that there are a few things i need to to my car as it's not in the best of conditions at the moment, there's a list as long as my arm at the moment

The 90bhp 2.0 HDi doesn't have an intercooler but is still tuneable via the OBDII port. This would not be possible if the turbo was not under ECU control.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back