Have you ever been a victim of car crime

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever had a car stolen, or something taken from your car?

I had a radio nicked, and although it was removable I left it in overnight near the town.

Then I had a whole car stolen. It was recovered the next day but the police took over 2 weeks to tell me they had found it!

It's not a nice experience, you feel violated. The police are not really interested, as they are underfunded and undermanned! What can we do to protect our cars?

I once left my DJ gear in the car, parked around the back of my house.
All gear gone by the morning. I know who did it, but couldn't prove anything.

I've also had a window smashed for a bag grab. A bag that was empty but the scum didn't know that.

I never leave anything on display now.

Not had any trouble since we've moved to countryside but in my early 20s when I lived in Poole and would be out most weekends my Citroen AX GT seemed to be broken into every time I returned. In all fairness you could open one of those with a key or a spoon or a lollipop stick even :lol::lol::lol: nothing was ever stolen as left nothing in it but had a running account with glass and lock suppliers :rolleyes: We did have our old Austin Metro stolen off our drive from Poole also. Police found it next day in Southampton and we went and stole it back. They think someone just wanted a ride back home but we lived tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac so weird it could be someone just passing to be able to see it. Living in sleepy Somerset now and had no trouble for 14 years we've been here. That'll jinx it now Doh! .V( Have good CCTV (should do as I install the things) and extra locks on garages for our cars. Will never have one of these keyless cars as I think they are way to easy to get into. Have extra locks on the pedals, 18mm chain for my ladders and a 3mm steel vault for my tools on my van. Bring the valuable stuff like meters and expensive drills indoors with me at night. Takes a few minutes to lock that lot up or bring it in but feel the extra effort is worth it.