Have some fun with an Opel Corsa B 1.4 C14NZ?

Reynolds

Car
Opel Corsa B C14NZ
Hi guys, I'm a complete noob at car tuning, mostly because this is in fact my first car. I'm not looking for a lot of HP from this thing, that would just be foolish, and I do realise that the best option for a car like this would probably be to switch out the engine...

None of that really matters to me, I don't really care about how much my car outputs, what I care about is knowing what's in my car, and tuning it a little, as a principle and for practice.

Soooo... Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm thinking of adding a hood vent, just because it seems like an easy install that can be of use later, and aid any additional parts I might add.

Wish list:
Hood vent.
Free flow exhaust.
Turbo. <3
New airfilter.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi mate,

Good shout on the engine conversion... If you hadn't said no already I'd be advising it right now!

Get yourself a cat-back exhaust, a panel filter and a de-cat for power. Get some decent brake pads and stainless steel brake lines to stop you better and I'd go with some coilovers to lower the car and improve handling. Strut braces front and rear will tighten up the chassis as well. This means handling will be improved further and they are easy to install.

Drop the idea of the turbo and I personally wouldn't bother with vents in the bonnet (hood) either.

Get yourself a nice set of rims and some decent tyres too.

Wow, long time! I had completely forgotten this site:embarrest:

Well, I gotta say I haven't done that much on my car. Working on another car, and getting steamrolled by studies.

What little I have done is:

Changed the tyres. Still old thin and crappy, but they roll a little better and have slightly more grip. Except for on gravel, they dig/lose traction like nothing you've ever seen on gravel.

Since the car has been in the care of an old lady since 1993 I decided it was probably good to clean and oil up some parts of the engine... Still working on that... To give you guys an idea, after cleaning with some mild solutants and a brush for about half an hour I "found" the bolts keeping the engine together.

I've cleaned out the stock airfilter, haven't found anything new that fits and isn't overly expensive yet, but it's a panel filter with intake from the outside at least. :p

I'm also working on giving the thing a small paintjob. Especially important after I had it in Oslo for a while. Oslo is the capital of Norway, and it has salted roads in the winter/ spring, damp air coming straight in from the sea and acidic rain.

Had the car in a garage before that, and anticipating painting it I didn't wax it or anything, just worked on some small specks of rust.

Now, after some time in Oslo without proper paint and wax, my car looks like it has leprosy.

I also installed a subwoofer in the trunk, had some problems with the remote wire and the radio, but I just hooked it up to a switch and mounted the switch in the center console.

Now, about loosing weight, do you have any suggestions? As far as I can think of, the car doesn't have a lot of weight to get rid of except me and the subwoofer. And I honestly do not want to ge trid of neither. ;)

Prince, you'll be pleased to know that your post is slowly becoming my to-do list. Except for the de-cat, 'cause the police around here actually checks for that:(

Good to hear from you buddy! Glad all is well.

Make sure you take lots of pictures of the paint work. I'd enjoy seeing them. As for loosing weight, you can remove literally anything and everything. Back seats, door trim, sound deadening etc. Personally I wouldn't bother for an everyday car.

Good to hear my advice has settled in nicely! Once you hit 10 posts, get some pictures up!