Have a stereo with no pre-outs =[

teaszer

Authorised Trader
Car
Rover 25 1.4
I have a sony CDX-GT210 - it is a great stereo but by the looks it has no pre-outs, I only have the standard iso connectors for the power F/L F/R and so on. Could I still wire these up to an amp ?

I have a sony CDX-GT210 - it is a great stereo but by the looks it has no pre-outs, I only have the standard iso connectors for the power F/L F/R and so on. Could I still wire these up to an amp ?

not sure whether amps are still made with high level inputs but if they are you basically just wire your speaker wires to it (you might have to buy a connector?) if not you can get a high to low converter which converts your speaker wires to rca outputs

hope this helps

Thanks for the info , It might just be easier to buy a new unit with rca output to make things easier for me :)

What would you recommend as a good unit with a reasonably good price lets say around £60 - £70 , I have seen halfords doing a few cheap units and they are getting alot of good feedback but maybe in the long run they are not really worth it ?

if your wanting high quality sounds and decent pre outs your going to need to up your price range slightly.

i was lucky when i got my old alpine unit. should have been just over £300 but as it was the last one and a mate used discount card i got it for £179. not a mark on it even though it was a display for around 6 months

Sweet mann - found what the baby JVC KD-R401
Looks good :D
http://www.bassjunkies.com/audio/jvc-kd-r401
looks good for the price! and as a bonus it has an usb input always handy
nod.gif

Sorry to say but that Head Unit is rubbish.
If your after good sounds and quality the you should save some pennies and get a head unit in the £150-200 mark TBH. It may be dear now but it will save you in the long run.

Sorry to say but that Head Unit is rubbish.
If your after good sounds and quality the you should save some pennies and get a head unit in the £150-200 mark TBH. It may be dear now but it will save you in the long run.

i have to disagree here mate (and im no expert when it comes to ice this is more your field!) but for £74 that is a great peace of kit 4x50w is more than enough to power standard/cheap upgraded speakers, + it has 2 line outs so if the speakers arent getting enough power a 4 channel amp would provide enough power. then if he decides to add a sub it has a dedicated line out and controls for it. + the fact it has a usb input (i know this is pretty much standard now but yet again £74;))

It's ok for the price but thats my point. If you want quality then spend more pennies.
Plus JVC aren't that good anyway TBH. They are in the lower range of ICE quality. They are more budget ICE than quality ICE.;)

It's ok for the price but thats my point. If you want quality then spend more pennies.
Plus JVC aren't that good anyway TBH. They are in the lower range of ICE quality. They are more budget ICE than quality ICE.;)

hint hint;) look at post #6 teaszer is after budget ice:p and for the price i think it will suffice!!!:bigsmile:
and to be brutally honest 8 out of 10 cats wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a quality setup and a budget 1!!

when i was in to my ice i always did mine on a tight budget and i got some nice sounds out of my cars (it was like a siren calling the sailors towards the rocks. but in this case the car whores towards my motor:amuse:)

You've never heard a quality setup then youth.;)
With ICE my advice would be save a bit of money and get a quality head unit. Honestly spend the pennies and you'll get better sounds and features. When I did my install in the Primera that was on a budget but I still payed around £150-200 for a decent headunit. Speakers sound rubbish without a decent head unit.

You've never heard a quality setup then youth.;)
With ICE my advice would be save a bit of money and get a quality head unit. Honestly spend the pennies and you'll get better sounds and features. When I did my install in the Primera that was on a budget but I still payed around £150-200 for a decent headunit. Speakers sound rubbish without a decent head unit.

as for hearing a quality setup i have actually been in ian pinders (icemans) mk3 van http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E2LNm8MnvI and no it didnt make my follicles move:amuse:
but this jvc unit has quite a few features (for cheap this is my whole point;)) and if the speakers sound that poor (which i doubt) then amp it simples!!