Halfords trade card...

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
Has anybody else got one of these?

I know Halfords isn't the best and is expensive without the trade card but it's damn convenient and there's about 4 local to me, plus it has a stock checker on the website.

I've only recently started using one but some of the savings are mental (more like the mark-ups being outragerous).

For example, a pair of Bosch brake light bulbs for the Zetractor were £2.99 down to 74p with the card :lol:

I doubt I'd qualify and to be honest I find main dealers often cheaper than Halfords for service parts.

Eg. Cabin (pollen) filter for my E39. £32 each at Halfords (it has two, one each side, don't ask why, I have no idea).

BMW dealer - £29.97 for the pair inc VAT.

Halfords advanced anti-freeze I need 6 litres to make up the 50% ratio Halfords advises.
6 litres of this stuff from Halfords costs £39.

BMW OEM concentrate - I only need 3 litres of this and that comes to just over seventeen quid.

All I'm saying is don't automatically assume that the dealers are always expensive.

I agree and order most of my parts online, motor factors are usually less expensive too BUT Halfords is open late and on sundays, so convenient if I need to pop and get anything and/or can't be bothered to wait.

For your purposes that makes perfect sense. But for me, who does little other than fill the screenwash tank and change the occasional filter it's probably not worthwhile (a very good reason for Halfords to deny me a trade card anyway!)