had my xkr remapped stage 1

Do you get a yellow warning light (check engine)? Get a reading on the fault codes, my guess is there is a split hose somewhere. A remap can put extra stress on an engine and show up any weak spots or problem areas.

If you replace the hose get something better, silicone works on most hoses, but it depends what sort of hose is split.

Sorry for my extremely slow reply, I totally missed this post and question. If you did get this sorted please let us know what you found so others searching for this thread will learn from your experience.

You can check for air leaking from hoses by putting some detergent and water in a spray bottle and spray over the hoses and it will cause bubbles at any leak.

I doubt it was the remap but likely a bad connection somewhere or has been said a leaking air hose. I have known higher boost from remaps cause older worn hoses to split under the pressure. Remaps are good but they run the car much nearer to the max and that doesn't leave much room for old or worn parts.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back