Had a professional BG intake clean on my Audi A3 2.0 Tdi

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Yesterday I had a professional BG intake clean on my Audi A3 2.0 Tdi. I'll post up some pics later.

The car feels crisper in accelerating and I'm keeping an eye on the fuel economy at the moment, I'll report back when I have some solid numbers to show!

I will run down this tank of fuel and carefully note my MPG and how the car feels!

This also cleaned out the EGR valve, thankfully I don't have any DPF filters to worry about.

I really need to get mine booked in for a decoke! It has started to bod down a bit when on boost and my MPG wont go any higher then 32.6! :(

i have just received my can of bg44k for the 206 gti so going to try it out once the other half gets back from work tonight, going do it in 2 halves

Let me know what you think. I would recommend that you do lots of shorter journeys - you want it to soak into the carbon deposits and start working on them. I think a good strong single dose works better than a couple of weaker ones - think of cleaning the BBQ, do you put on loads of cleaner leave it to soak and scrape off or do you do a couple of really thin layers of cleaner.

The one I had injects the cleaner into the intake, on a direct injection engine the only thing you'll clean with the fuel additive is the injectors and cylinders, not the head and valves where you need it most.

i shall take your advice, think she has around 3/4 tank of petrol so should be fine to add the full can.

out of interest where did you get the intake system treatment done? id like to see if anywhere near to me does it

Wonder what they would charge on my RS6? It's got nearly 80k miles on it now... and again, being direct injection it'll no doubt benefit from a good clean!

I'll have a chat with them if you want! They are the only people I trust with my car, the lads that work there have been there for years!

I'll have a chat with them if you want! They are the only people I trust with my car, the lads that work there have been there for years!

I would certainly be interested in a price. From what I've heard the V10 T-FSI doesn't seem to suffer as badly as my V8 FSI did, but I can imagine its far from perfect in there :)

How long did it take them out of interest?