Had a crash and need help!!

elitedemon

Car
2001 1.6 Saxo VTR
Hi
Had a crash the other day and its pretty much annihilated my front bumper and bonnet! The car already had a full Titan body kit on it and I've got like for like mod's with my insurance. I'm looking for quotes and the best places to go to, to discuss ideas for redesigning my VTR (not necessarily with the same kit). The problem is I don't have a clue where to start!
banghead.gif

I've been on the UVworldwide website as theres a shop down the road from me, and they quoted me £2275 + VAT!! I doubt my insurance is gonna fork out that so need to get other quotes but not sure where to go??

I've also been to a mates garage who does bodywork/repairs/spraying ect and he said he'd look after me, i.e with the spraying and fitting but I need to find the kit.
Iv been searching the net and found a D&M bumper I like but can't seem to find where I'd buy one from?

I'll post sum pic's of what I've been looking at and if anyone knows where I can get hold of a D&M kit etc, or best place to get quotes please post....
smiley31.gif

I'll update as and when any progress takes place.
smiley2.gif

My VTR (pre crash)

100_0392.jpg

100_0395.jpg

100_0393.jpg

100_0394.jpg

These are a few kits i like ( But dont no how to get hold of them)

lightbluesaxoDM.jpg

darkerbluesaxokit.jpg

If anyones got any idea on what my next move should be or where I could go to get some half decent estimates please post! :bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
tcsmileysign.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your crash & I'm sure the good folks here will be able to help out with your problem.

Your post went to moderation because new members cannot use links until they have 10 posts, I've okay'd for you this time :).

Also, please avoid using text speak in you posts.

Enjoy your stay,

Loz

Last edited:
to be honest with you im not up on insurance company protocol but i would imagine that even if you have sited your cars modifications on you policy i dont think they will fund a redesign of the front end unfortunately. good luck though!!

well thieve asked me to get quotes for the body work i.e kit as thats where the damage is, which is where my problem lies as although i can find some kits most of them are old/ ugly ect which is why im trying to find out some recommended places i can look hence the pictures of kits i like but dont no where to get hold of them

Also ask the insurers for cash in lieu of repairs, that way you can spend it how you want. Get a couple of estimates for repair, one from the main dealer and one from a large pro bodyshop.