H7 Upgrades, which???

Marc07

Road Burner
Car
Audi A8 3.7 V8 40V
Well, from my recent thread about HID upgrades, I came out with only 2 options
Or I will look for the Bi-Xenon headlights

Or will need some advice in getting the best H7 bulbs replacement.

PIAA are to expensive to justify the cost.
I've just recently decided that ordering Hoen's from US is a bit silly.

So I was looking for something decent on UK market.
I've read few reviews about RING bulbs, they are pretty crap from what people say.
Osram Night Breakers Plus looks to be a good replacement/upgrade.
Dont know much about Philips, are they really worth extra money comparing to Osram's.

Or..which ones would you recommend.
I'm looking for a really clear/crystal/ice white color, not blue ones, it can be a bit blue-ish to give a sort of HID effect, no problem, but nothing to stupid like those boys-racers in saxo's 1.0l and bulbs from ebay for 3quid per pair ;)

Thanks a lot guys
Looking forward hearing from you

Regards
Marc07

I have heard very good things about the Osram Night breaker Plus, but on the one negative side, they do not seem to last anywhere near as long as they should do with respect to normal usage from a standard lamp.
Can not pin down exactly what that period might be, it's just something to bare in mind.

I have heard very good things about the Osram Night breaker Plus, but on the one negative side, they do not seem to last anywhere near as long as they should do with respect to normal usage from a standard lamp.
Can not pin down exactly what that period might be, it's just something to bare in mind.

Cool, thanks for a tip and advice, I think I will have a go with them ;)
Will do a test and try for some time
May update pictures later on so everyone who haven't tried them yet, can see how they really look instead of reading only reviews ;)
:)

Thanks T9man

Osram's Nightbreaker + is meant to be very good indeed.

I've used the earlier nightbreakers in H7 form and found the lighting to be good but life poor. I reverted to Osrams Silverstars on that occasion. The NB+ claims to have addressed the longevity issue.

...but what do you mine exactly guys, in months ?? is it on average 1month or 3 or 6 or 12 or even more
just so I can get a better picture of this issue and meaning of short life.

thanks once again
Marc

...but what do you mine exactly guys, in months ?? is it on average 1month or 3 or 6 or 12 or even more
just so I can get a better picture of this issue and meaning of short life.

thanks once again
Marc

Well I would have to take an educated guess at 24 months plus! My Bi Xenon set-up has been on my car and running perfectly ok for the last 8 years.
If anything less than 12 months and I think Osram would have gone back to the drawing board and have been slaughtered by trading standards at the same time. If I can find out anything more definitive I will let you know!

Well I would have to take an educated guess at 24 months plus! My Bi Xenon set-up has been on my car and running perfectly ok for the last 8 years.
If anything less than 12 months and I think Osram would have gone back to the drawing board and have been slaughtered by trading standards at the same time. If I can find out anything more definitive I will let you know!

Perfect ;)
Thanks T9man, for me as long they last for 12months then I'm ok with them.
Cheeps pal

Thanks TN, great stuff.
Thanks guys for all your help.
I have ordered 2sets of them for a start, so as soon I get them installed I will post some pictures for everyone, night and day so we all can see if they are really worth buying.

Cheers
Marc

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back