H&r lowering kit

ghettokartel

Tuner
Car
AUDI A4 FSI
Got a booking to fit my H&R lowering kit on saturday, Think I have got a good price as they are only charging me £80 for labour. Has anyone got any experance with H&R products? and how will lowering the car 30-40mm change the ride/handeling?

just make sure that if you are lowering it 40mm then there may be more than a good chance that the wheels will rub on the arches....

the handling should be better and the steering should feel more positive

the ride will depend on the spring rate that you select

H&R do seem to be a reputible brand as (i own a 197 clio and K-tec, a renault tuning company offers H&R coilovers i would imagine theyre good kop haha

hope this helps

£80 is about the going rate (2 hours of labour). I too have heard good things about H&R from the BMW world. You will feel bumps and imperfections in the road more, and make sure you slow down for speed bumps more as well. On the positive side you will have improved turning and the car will feel better to drive.

Keep us updated!

£80 is about the going rate (2 hours of labour). I too have heard good things about H&R from the BMW world. You will feel bumps and imperfections in the road more, and make sure you slow down for speed bumps more as well. On the positive side you will have improved turning and the car will feel better to drive.

Keep us updated!

Definitely slow right down when approaching speed bumps! made this mistake the first time on my setup and I almost put a dent in the roof with my head :)

I had to be very careful next to kerbs :lol:. Between the arch and the tyre there was not even a mm. Yet it didn't scrape at all.

Do you have a picture of this by any chance Prince? I want to get the old girl a little lower and need to visualise it a little better :)

DSCF0416.jpg

DSCF0437.jpg

I doesn't look as low as it actually was because the side skirt was never colour coded and I didn't add front and rear lips. But i'm sure you get the idea.

What are you planning to lower it on btw?

My Saab 9-3 which is already on coilovers! I feel they could come down a little more as the suspension is so hard, I cannot see the tyres rubbing at all! :)

Attachments

• CAR 46.jpg
    CAR 46.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
My Saab 9-3 which is already on coilovers! I feel they could come down a little more as the suspension is so hard, I cannot see the tyres rubbing at all! :)

I am loving those 3 spokes! Very cool. I think you could go a little bit lower. What other suspension work have you had done?

I am loving those 3 spokes! Very cool. I think you could go a little bit lower. What other suspension work have you had done?

Cheers Prince, from a man of your TC stature, much appreciated! all bushes wherever possible have been replace with polybushes, and I have had modified wishbones etc made just for me!
Sorry about the camera angle as it makes the Beast look like it has a couple of dents on the rear quarter, but I can assure you there isn't a mark or a scratch on the old girl :) Not sure what else to do to bring her down another 10mm or so!

Cheers Prince, from a man of your TC stature, much appreciated! all bushes wherever possible have been replace with polybushes, and I have had modified wishbones etc made just for me!
Sorry about the camera angle as it makes the Beast look like it has a couple of dents on the rear quarter, but I can assure you there isn't a mark or a scratch on the old girl :) Not sure what else to do to bring her down another 10mm or so!

Good call on the polybushes. Did you get Powerflex ones? If so, purple or black? Are your coilovers fully adjustable? I.E. Can you adjust the camber and castor?

P.S. The camera angle is fine! I'd love to see this at a National Meet. :D

Good call on the polybushes. Did you get Powerflex ones? If so, purple or black? Are your coilovers fully adjustable? I.E. Can you adjust the camber and castor?

P.S. The camera angle is fine! I'd love to see this at a National Meet. :D

Thanks Prince, the polybushes are in fact coloured blue and have been specially made for the 9-3, the coilovers are indeed fully adjustable and practically as low as they will go!

I was showing the old girl off at the Peterborough Modified Nationals on behalf of Torque Cars last year and at the Santa Pod Modified Nationals, as well as the Haynes Classic 100 last year which I am sponsoring this year, along with displaying at the Saab Owners Club of Great Britain Nationals in Bath last year were I won the "Best Saab 9-3" in the country award ;)

Thanks Prince, the polybushes are in fact coloured blue and have been specially made for the 9-3, the coilovers are indeed fully adjustable and practically as low as they will go!

I was showing the old girl off at the Peterborough Modified Nationals on behalf of Torque Cars last year and at the Santa Pod Modified Nationals, as well as the Haynes Classic 100 last year which I am sponsoring this year, along with displaying at the Saab Owners Club of Great Britain Nationals in Bath last year were I won the "Best Saab 9-3" in the country award ;)

What camber settings have you got? Maybe just a slight bit more camber will allow you to go lower.

The thing I could suggest for the looks is to smooth over the bump strips or colour code them with the door handles. Only change I'd make to be honest. I'm not surprised it won Best Saab 9-3.

What camber settings have you got? Maybe just a slight bit more camber will allow you to go lower.

The thing I could suggest for the looks is to smooth over the bump strips or colour code them with the door handles. Only change I'd make to be honest. I'm not surprised it won Best Saab 9-3.

Cheers Prince, Not too sure about the camber settings, I had the whole car geometry set up down at Elite Direct based in Rainham in Essex who have this all singing all dancing computerised gizmo.

The bump strips and the door handles will be colour coded in a couple of months time before the first show, and i'm hoping to have the Hirsch genuine Carbon Fibre rear spoiler, side sills and front spoiler finishing strips installed as well. :)

Cheers Prince, Not too sure about the camber settings, I had the whole car geometry set up down at Elite Direct based in Rainham in Essex who have this all singing all dancing computerised gizmo.

The bump strips and the door handles will be colour coded in a couple of months time before the first show, and i'm hoping to have the Hirsch genuine Carbon Fibre rear spoiler, side sills and front spoiler finishing strips installed as well. :)

Can you adjust the camber settings at the top of the strut? Might be worth a little play around.

Plans sound good mate! I'm planning some carbon fibre touches on the Beemer when the time is right. It just costs so much!

Can you adjust the camber settings at the top of the strut? Might be worth a little play around.

Plans sound good mate! I'm planning some carbon fibre touches on the Beemer when the time is right. It just costs so much!

Indeed it does cost so much, £3200 inc vat from Hirsch and I still have to get them fitted :amazed: No idea how i'm going to sneak this one past the accountant :)