Gummys remap

gummy

Torque Master
Car
skyline r34 gtt
At last after a bit of a wait i finally got my remap done.It was done at Abbey motorsport they had it for a week which was no problem as they gave us a courtesy car,so we dropped the car up last saturday and picked it up today.They fitted a boost controller,an upgraded fuel pump and a nistune board into the ecu so that they could do the remap.The car came out with 320 bhp which i am quite chuffed with,it is a lot better more responsive etc and goes like mad.I would have liked to have put a piccy of the readout here but abbeys computer is playing up so i could,nt get a copy,they will email a copy when its sorted,so i will put it on when i get it.We were made very welcome and they are a good bunch of lads,when we collected the car it had even been washed.:D:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Well done, I really really want this done for my car also. Was it a long drive back home? Bet it was a better drive back then the Micra :lol: What boost controller did they fit?

The drive back took about 3 hours or so we stopped for a kentucky,not sure of the boost controller i dont think its a brand name but abbey said its a good one they use a lot,it was a lot better than the micra lol,the mrs spent most of the time stuck to the back of the seat i am well chuffed the only thing was the cost almost £1100 but it is worth it !.

£1100 Ouch! Have to bite the bullet and do it though, the cars worth it as it'll be like new now I imagine. Now how many handbags will that cost me in compensation if I get this done on mine :rolleyes:

Quite a few bags i expect! my mrs asked mark at abbey what he would do to our car next,he said bigger turbo,the mrs said how much.he just said four noughts he will email that price,so it will cost me a lot of fish before i can do that![the mrs keeps koi carp] your better off with bags!,koi aint cheap lol.To be honest mate if you can do it it is worth it,it makes hell of a difference.

Ouch! told aplan insurance about the remap etc today! it put up the insurance by £150, I aint bothered but the mrs was a bit miffed!!,still its done now!!!!.

Yeah i,m hopeing it wont be so bad,i knew it would go up,but didnt think it would be that much!still i think for the power gain its worth it.

My car has developed a problem since the remap just before it boosts it has a flat spot which is like everything goes dead for a second or two then it boosts and carries on as if nothing has happened,abbey said it is the air flow meter,i can see the theory behind this where the afm cant supply enough air for a second or two!! Anybody got any ideas? Conceptua can diagnose the prob in a couple of saturdays for me but might be interesting to see other ideas!,i just wont boost it till its sorted!

My car has developed a problem since the remap just before it boosts it has a flat spot which is like everything goes dead for a second or two then it boosts and carries on as if nothing has happened,abbey said it is the air flow meter,i can see the theory behind this where the afm cant supply enough air for a second or two!! Anybody got any ideas? Conceptua can diagnose the prob in a couple of saturdays for me but might be interesting to see other ideas!,i just wont boost it till its sorted!

Well sounds like the problem has already been diagnosed, what about the cure?

The air flow meter measures air flow rather than actually flowing it. You could clean the sensor and see if that cures the problem. ;)

Conceptua can supply one for £90+vat so will bung a new one on if it is that!so if the meter measures it,is there something which flows it which could hesitate the flow?.

Yes could definitely be an AFM/air flow issue. Just check around the induction setup first and make sure everything is tightened up properly as any turbulence around the AFM can cause this sort of thing.

Will do!thanks MA,i found a vacuum pipe which used to go to the old boost sensor which was,nt blanked i blanked it off but to no avail,will check as you suggest! Cheers!.

IPut some new plugs in today and found the pipe which goes off the air flow meter was almost coming off the clip was lose,so put it back on etc,hopefully this will cure problem,went to conceptua to get plugs and test car,car would,nt misbehave on test so hopefully above will do trick,it may do!as MA suggested above something loose or undone!!.I forgot what a job it was to change the plugs must have took about 2 hours or so,still its done now!

Well done Gummy but surprised Abbey let it come back like that unless it's like mine where it works fine one week then plays up, garage fixes it for it to last another week etc etc etc. Joys of high performance cars I guess :amuse:

Ive had work done at abbeys and all their work including their mappng has always been spot on. Not cheap but you know the score before you take the car there as they will give you prices beforehand.

Re the pipe splitting or coming loose-
IMO you have to remember what the car was in for If it was there for mapping and a boost controller whilst they would have looked at the engine I doubt they would have checked every pipe and connector.

I had my car mapped and about 50 miles later a petrol pipe split . I dont blame R K Tuning who did it cos I didnt say check the entire car every nut and bolt

Still glad it is all done now

Cheers chaps it still seems to be o,k,i was thinking about it,i may have leaned on the pipe when looking at what had been done!i quite often look in the engine bay and have been putting on blue silicon pipes some at a time as there are loads to do so i often fiddle in a good way,be at it again next weekend,oil change and track rod end!,maybe some more pipes!