Gudday

Browny

Car
Holden Commodore S
Hi all you guys ive just joined. Hoping to get some pointers for my little hatch - hope to turn it into a roadgoing motocross wagon! cheers

Hello and a warm welcome to you, nice to meet you. What are your plans for the car then? What is your budget?

Cheers for the welcome guys. My tight budget is very tight, so i can only really afford bits every now and then. Looking to get some slightly uprated brakes or suspension first off, currently has standard disks on front and drums at back, was going to aim for parts from the top model pulsar GTIR for $ and compatability. I think you guys in the UK call a pulsar an Almera. What do ya reckon

no mate an almera is slightly different model we also have the pulsar gti-r nice motors but insurance over here is high on one :( is it true insurance is optional in new zealand?

Yeh it is optional, but the govts pushing to have at least what is called third party insurance a requirement. so if your at fault in a prang at least the other person is covered. but like yours, full comprehensive insurance on a flash car costs heaps aswell!

Cheers for the welcome guys. My tight budget is very tight, so i can only really afford bits every now and then. Looking to get some slightly uprated brakes or suspension first off, currently has standard disks on front and drums at back, was going to aim for parts from the top model pulsar GTIR for $ and compatability. I think you guys in the UK call a pulsar an Almera. What do ya reckon

Welcome mate :)

Yeah the N15 and N16 is called an Almera over here. Shame they didnt keep the 'N' chassis name's consistent and call them all the Pulsar like over there ;)

The N14 is called the Sunny but the GTiR version is known as a Pulsar as well. Just to make things more confusing we have a number of import N15s in the UK which go by their Japanese name of Pulsar too :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back