GTR tuning potential?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The New Nissan GTR is a stunning car. It seems to be as anti tuning as it is possible to get. Even the engine is electronically paired to the gearbox and car. The speed limiter uses GPS to identify tracks or roads.

There are lots of other anti tuning measures. Do you think these are a good or bad idea? Would you like to have the option of improving a car yourself or do you trust the manufacturer to set it up perfectly?

hmmmm now thats a difficult one.. as it is that good already, with the gearbox and everything. i would get nissan 'nismo' to tune it as they would prolly have to change the gearbox aswell. i would say leave the suspension well alone. if it can do that to clarksons neck its good enough for me lol.
as they put nitrogen in the tires as and i quote 'normal air is too unsable' how do you go about changing a punctured one?

use the spare as normal.
when you get a new tyre you get them refilled with nitrogen. Alot of tyre fitters are offering this when they change the tyres now as theres less pressure change between a hot tyre and a cold one, my tyres are set to 30psi cold and go to 33 when hot. theres usually a charge for this service think its normally a £1 a tyre, also means you shouldn't have to check them as often

do you think a remap would give anymore power or would nissan have made it so its running near 100% im guessing they have got it high enough

The cars ecu is connected to G meters - if the car pulls G's that are non standard the modification protection kicks in!

The ECU is pretty well encrypted and remapped. You can't even change the wheel sizes without it complaining!

The cars ecu is connected to G meters - if the car pulls G's that are non standard the modification protection kicks in!

ummm.. what would non standard G's be??? tbh i think the handling is top notch but it could do with mebe 150-200 more torque :p you can never have too much torque. as the new merc black shows.... with 1200 ftlb

aye it is but unlimited its 1200.. insane. the titan supra (drag special) has around 1100 torque are 1000bhp an does a quarter in 7.8 i think at 185.
so the new merc has to be close to this with that amount of power

hmmm,,, im not sure, i love supra's for the looks and the drift pertential, but i dont think it would be as reliable as the merc because the merc is standard whereas the supra is modifyed so therefor i dont think it would run for as far, but i would prolly go for the merc, just cos it looks so good, and if its like that standard you could get it de-ristricted and then possable get it remapped to have even more power. imagine, a merc with 1400 ftlb, the only other car that would keep up (unmodifyed) is the veyron, an thats £800,000 or thereabouts i think. £600,000 more than the merc