GTO Chip?

maraalfa

Car
Mitsubishi GTO TT
I'm looking to increase the power of my GTO and understand a remap is usually a good place to start on most turbo cars, does this hold true for the GTO and if so any advice on which chip to go for and what sort of results can be expected? Car has HKS exhaust, induction kit and dump.

@maraalpha hey have you found anywhere up this area that can remap the GTO? i cant find anywhere (i stay in inverness) i am looking to get mine remapped too but at a dead end with it....the only thing i can find is actually buying a "supposedly" remapped ECU from places like fleabay and hoping for the best which im not exactly keen on doing...

Let me know :)

The ECU's on these cars can not be re-mapped/flashed etc, certainly not anything which is worthwhile. H.K.S. did modify a sister board and attach it to the main unit but it's not really worth the cost and potential downsides.
Stock injectors are 360 cc, standard fueling and pump capacity is rather poor. Any increase in boost pressure requires monitoring to check for knock, idc's etc.
A bodged or modded ECU CAN NOT give more fuel as it simply can not make the standard pump flow more, it can not increase fuel pressure, it can not make the injectors bigger and it can not control anything more than stock injectors.
Piggy back units fool systems into believing that what they are seeing is not what they are actually getting.

Only '99 GTO TT can be remapped! You can use a piggy backing ecu or new stand alone ecu depends how many HP do you want and how many changes you want to do in the future.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back