Greetings!!!

Ragaquin

Car
AE92 BT 20V Engine
Hello Everyone..:)

I'm excited with my first post..

Anyway, I have an AE92 body and have right now a Silvertop engine in it.. But I already have a Blacktop in my possession. I had already done some modifications on the head (port, polished, match port, 3 angle valve job,etc.). I'm now working on the block.. Do I need to do something there aside from balancing?

Thanks.

Hello! I'm so thick I had to Google 'AE92' :embarrest: Now I know :bigsmile: looking forward to some pics when you get your ten posts :bigsmile:

Hi Loz! So sorry to bother you.. :p Actually we call it here in the Philippines as Corolla 'small body' because we have the so called 'big body corolla' which is the AE101.. Hope this project pushes through.. With the help of TorqueCars.

Yep! The tuners here (in the UK) use the AE codes as well, I'm just not very good when it comes to Toyota's, the only one I know the AE86 because I've got the Initial D DVD! :amuse: I'm sure the guys here will be able to help you with your project.
Will you be racing the car or is it for the street? What else do have planned for the car?

have you seen the Toyota section?...
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f37/

Hahaha Initial D alright.. japanese.. the famous AE86.. anyway, i plan my project for street but can be race on a weekend.. is there such a thing? i really just would like to modify it as long as my budget allows.. lol

thanks pgarner.. :p

Nice to have you along. Sounds like an awesome project to me. Getting the crank knife edged and getting the right compression pistons will help. Will you be adding forced induction at a later date?

What about doing a rebore on the block to increase capacity?

Hello Wayne.. Does knife edging the crank really necessary? Some say a very minimal gain in hp or none at all. That's why right now I'm having the journals polished. With regards to reboring the block, it's ok to do that, it's just that I don't have a budget for a new set of piston right now.
My problem with forced induction again low comp pistons. Besides I'm having a hard time looking for one. Always, they offer high comp pistons for my engine.
But you know what, I'm learning a lot by reading the never ending articles here at TorqueCars. Very nice.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back