Cxter101

Car
DODGE RAM 350 DIESE
My name is cris
My current location is
Central Pacific coast.
Just north of puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
I'm a pround owner of a 93, dodge ram 350 cummins turbo diesel dually.
Its been a life long dream. To have a good working truck that moves! A haul-ing tank is what I call it..
I originally bought the truck in Oregon from The 1st. Owner. In 2004
The 1st. Owner made an upgrade in the transmission,, harden parts n a cooling system just for the tranny.
When I bought it.
It lagged from going 40 to 80 m.hr on highway
So I took it to a specialty shop to have some modifications done for better diesel mileage and more torque power.
I went from approx.. 10 - 14 miles per g. Highway
To 20 + m p g.. Highway.
Preparing it for a south of the border trip..
Moving out of the country ..
My destination Puerto Vallarta , JAL. , Mex.
As I was still preparing for my trip ,,
Still doing research on how to get more out of my investment on power, fuel, torque, engine mods..
For my Ramster Beast..
I came across a team of individuals who are diesel genius mechs.. From Oregon..
They changed my life ,, just like my truck.
Never would I drive the same again..
Those two friends completely re defined what driving consciously meant to me. So I went straight vegetable oil for my Cummins engine.
now 200, 000 miles and more than 10 years on straight veg. With no problems with my truck or engine on veg fuel..
To be continued....

Always a pleasure. Grtting t8 a community of like minded , self do-ers.
The reason I opened this accnt
Is because my truck was resently stolen ..
And striped for parts.
But I'm not alone.
So its back with me.
And now the rebuilding of my beast. Is well on the way ..
But because of lack of desently trained mech. And / dishonest mechs.
I decided to do, the job my self. And what ever help I can get from the mechanics in the bay. (Diesel mech.. In the boat motors dep.
My truck has minor issues now.. The battery and some fuses were taken cut wires from under the dash board..
The diesel fuel tank (org.)
Needs a cleaning and an all-around housing chk .and electrical wiring check ...
Engine prob. Needs new seals. I'll have to get it stated first. And see what's next.
Cuz of my experience in diesel straight veg. Conversions. I'm some what ready for the challenge .
The RAMSTER BEAST is not going out that easy ..
So there we is .
Classic just like the truck ...
This be cont..

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply, I've not been around for what feels like an age!

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back