Great Wall V240

rusty33

Car
Great Wall V240
Hi all,
I have a great wall v240 and im after any info and advise as to squeezing that little more out of its Mitsubishi 4G64 2.4L clone engine. I've modified my standard extractors and fitted a high flow cat.

It also sports a straight through muffler, I'm pretty sure I went with straight through, if not it's an 'S' bend anyway, I've also fitted iridium spark plugs.

It's all slightly improved but I've run out of cheaper gain mod's! I did try to fit a venom computer module but the engine did not like it. Intact it would not idle right and made the engine light come on. Driving it was more responsive but was just no good, it basically was spitting straight fuel out the exhaust. it was for a 4g64 2.4l but not for the Great Wall so im guessing Great Wall use their own ecu for the engine.

I also want to change my coil pack to a performance one. Can I do so safely without causing engine damage?
Then next in line that I can think of, is the head being ported and polished & while its out and apart maybe bigger valves, valve seats and a performance cam or should I just have mine ground?

Any tips out there or further advice?
I dont want to do anything with the bottom end only the top end. The vehicle is only 12 months old but it just doesnt have the power I want, I dont want a turbo or super charger. I did mod my air intake but changed it back to standard to avoid sucking water into the engine as I was living in QLD while all the floods was going on and I think I'll fit a snorkle anyway. To tell you the truth the gain was not that great.
I did read some helpful facts on this forum as to grinding the intake manifold and such & to tell you the truth I'd never thought of it before. But will for sure give that a tidy up.

Can anyone shed any light on this as to whether my Chinese clone of the 4G64 can interchange parts with the original model and can I change my injectors to gain anymore performance?
Do i need to also change my fuel pump and if I do so will I gain anything or just have another sexy mod in my engine bay that does stuff all and a high pressure fuel pump for the hell of it and just cost me money and looks pretty.

Anyway I've ranted plenty lol.

Hope u guys can help me with my many questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back