Got my new car!

Izo Azlion

Road Burner
Car
Golf GT TDI Sport
Well, I've been away all Christmas! Got back Saturday morning and went straight to pick up my Golf GT TDI Sport!

IMG_0853.jpg

I love it, ho-ly-crap. That torque! Man, its bloody excellent. :cool::mrgreen:

Moar when I'm not supposed to be working!!

<3 Izo

remember you were on about remapping it

have you thought about getting another ECU and having it programed for the keys then remapping that one

bit more hassle but when you come to give it back / put it in for a service you could swap them back vw will know nothing about the remap
only thing is youd prob need to find someone who could program the ecu for the imobiliser. i think vagcom software can do it but it needs to be registared to change most of the settings but its good software to have as it will show up any problems when the engine light comes on

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM
and you need a OBD2 cable to connect to the diagnostic port. i got mine on ebay for £10 inc delivary

Nice car - looks great in black. I see the neighbour has a golf as well so are you just trying to outdo them?

Nice car - looks great in black. I see the neighbour has a golf as well so are you just trying to outdo them?

Haha, maaaybe!

I had a test drive in a gray 5 door, ordered this one, and as time went on (9 week wait in total) i was worried and thinking "What if I dont like it? What if its not what I expect?"

Anyway, its everything and more! Handles like its on rails, even in the wet, although I havnt really pushed it hard in the last 48 hours of owning it!

Thanks for the ECU info, pg, I'll look into it - but atm, its got enough power for me, kicks the arse off my old Civic. Its just like "RAWR I WANT TO CLIMB ANY HILL!!"

Love it. Mega happy.

Nice car. I used to work for Audi, which is the same lol and the golfs are lurrrvely.

Needs lowering extensivly thoguh lol

"If sparkz dont fly, its too high" ;)

back on the vagcom software
i had a go with some of the other options on it it can log settings up to 3 measuring blocks at a time ( each block has 3 componants) i played about and had it recording my speed ,engine boost ,torque ( see some nice fig in your car ) and throttle posistion

found it set up on the website to record your 1/4mile times and plot through excelif you decide to download it (as a free version ) and use it give me a shout and al send you some stuff for it

Get Celtic tuning to breathe on it - they found me 325lbft (441 Nm) in a 2.2 HDi 16 valve unit and about 180bhp. It shifts my 406 about beautifully and they're heavy cars.

Your Golf should go to nearly 500Nm with consummate ease. Just wait a couple of thousand miles first to let the new engine settle down. You'll be invincible on the main roads - it'll make 6th gear feel like 4th.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back