Got me another car lol!!

But i do still have the Calli so don't worry, I'm not gettin rid of the old gal' just yet lol.

Ok then people, here she is. Me and my missus bought it as she was looking for a new car but couldn't afford the whole lot. It's mint, it's got FVSH, it's 6 years old with just under 70,000 on the clock and got it for £1250.

It's a 2.0 SRi (2.0 was easier for the missus to insure) and running 154bhp according to it's RR resaults. It has the prefacelift GSi front bumper and not sure what side skirts lol. It came with the 5 spoke GSi wheels but changed them for the OZ Super T GT's from my Calibra.

It's had a couple of bits done but nothing which would harm the car in the long run such as K&N panel filter, cold air feed, sensible stainless exhaust system, Denso Plugs, Magnecor leads, Xenon headlight conversion and a remap. It's been very well looked after apart from a 2inch long scrape just under the lip on the front bumper, easly sortable and you can't really see it.

It's got one of the best colour cloth interiors i've seen and is also in mint condition with no wear marks or holes.

Here's some shots.

New%20Veccy%203.jpg

New%20Veccy%204.jpg

New%20Veccy%205.jpg

New%20Veccy%201.jpg

New%20Veccy%202.jpg

I noticed when I put these on my computer that the bonnet had been popped open in the first pic, just incase anyone thinks it's off centre lol .

It suprised the hell out of me when I put my foot down. With it having the F18 gear box (closer ratio 5 speed) where as the Calibra and Cavalier 2.0ltr 16v's had the F20 gearbox (average ratio 5 speed) I swear it will keep up with my Calli (when it was a 2.5) up to about 85-90mph which had the F25 gear box (very long ratio 5 speed). Bottom end pull is wicked lol, it's a GSi killer pmsl.

What do ya think then guy's?

Looks nice. Bet you'll be modding it within a couple of months because you won't be able to resist. You've got a bargain there!

The bonnet doesn't look straight (Only joking! :lol: )

Aw yeah, thats a pretty baby!
You got to show us the front bumper better, seems really beutyfull! Dont get rid of the calli tough, i got one that i crashed before buying this one and i just dont have the courage to get rid of it!

how fast is the top end of the F18 gear box then ? im wondering cuz iv got quite a close gear box on my astra wondering wether it could be the same as the F18

Not really had a chance to see what the top end is like yet. I reckon it should do at least 140+mph.

As far as the front shots go, i'll get some piccies ups soon. We're well chuffed with it and yes it will proberbly get a few bits done to it lol. I've managed to get a sh*t load of cosmetic bits done such as racing pedals, floor mats, a damn good 6 hour t-cut, alloyes, new wipers, whole set of new fuses, new exhaust plus a few other bits.

Not sure what to go to the Torque Car Show in now lol.

lol nice, i was wondering cuz mine tops out around 125-130mph on the limiter in 5th, so i was just wondering really, if i can get to the torque cars show i'll look forwad to seeing one or the other

Been shopping for the new toy today. Bought a load of bits that were needed really.

K&N panel filter
Custom Chrome back box
New downpipe
New CAT
New fexi-pipe (so thats all of the exhaust thats been replaced)
New head unit
Replaced plastic trim on mirrors
New centre dash section with drink holders rather than a small useless hole lol
Whole set of new bulbs
New grill
and a full set of new tires.

Think thats everything pmsl. Will get some decent piccies up over the next day or 2 to show ya the progress.

You lasted 12 days before you just had to mod it! Nice little lot there - should sort out the niggles for you. When are you doing the engine swap then?

Well heres the deal. The 3.0 is in the Calibra which will be swapped back for the 2.5 for when I eventually sell it (way off yet lol). So now i've done alot of research it looks like the Veccy will be either Turbo'd or Throttle Boddied.

Regal offer a bolt on throttle body conversion for £1600 and will take it up to around 175bhp on a standard engine. So would be looking at around 185-195 with the CS stage 2 package (same BHP as the Vectra Super Touring 200) :D

So not really sure what's gonna happen with the 3.0 lol. But if you remeber my Calibra posts I mentioned that the 3.2 wouldn't fit in the Calibra due to the cvrank being too big. No problems for the Vectra and would take it up to 220bhp on a N/A standard engine lol :twisted:

So you'll have to watch this space as to what I wil actually do. Or I could get another vauxhall pmsl. A 3.0 V6, a 2.5 V6 and either a turbo'd, throttle body's or a 3.2 V6 Vectra hhhhhmmmmmmm, the mind is thinking nice thoughts lol.

I managed to do a few hours of polishing and t-cutting yesterday :mrgreen:

From the shots you can see the new wing mirror covers on the outside. The headlights have been stripped and the lenses have been t-cut. On the rear pic you can just see one of the two exits of the exhaust on the left.

shiney%201.jpg

shiney%202.jpg

Now on the interior I managed to get a shot of everything thas been done. At the top you will see the computer display which has been replaced with the MID GSi version. Then the new Kenwood headunit. That was a hard one, to find one that was flat like the centre dash lol.

Then under that you will see the drink holder section which used to be a stupid cubby whole or something lol. Oh and of course the Sparco racing pedals.

interior.jpg

It's starting to get there now lol.

Very nice - with those pedals you can heel and toe in that alright. Interior looks like new!