Got any nice ICE installs in your cars

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Have you got a nice ICE setup or install in your current car or on any previous cars you've owned?

What was/is your setup?

No Obi Waynne - you can't count the standard BOSE speakers in your car as a nice ICE setup as they came with the car from the factory!

I'm running 2 pairs of component Rainbow Audio speakers from Germany. Only 16cm but they can out perform my old system which consisted of 6x9's, 16cm's, 10cm's and 2 subs along with amps. Wish I had gone down the Rainbow route sooner as the amount of weight it saves is crazy.

You should hear it mate. Considering it's only 4 small speakers, it's seriously powerful, and the bass is outstanding so no need for amps or subs :)

Actually the newer SAAB models i.e 2008 onwards had the option of Bose speakers. After listening to a setup in one particular model I was left wondering what all the fuss was about :confused:

I've always found bose systems distort alot. The usually are very bassy but the distortion is horrendous. IMO of course.
Saying that, most standard systems are rubbish compared to what you can buy off the shelf.

I'm not really into loud music anymore but when I did make a false floored bass box in the Leon I didn't have to upgrade the standard door speaker's cause they where great and could handle the volume without any distortion!

The standard speakers in the 75 are very capable too no distortion if I turn it up loud.

The MG is standard stuff as the V6 soundtrack is enough :D

The Disco has a superb Harman Kardon system with I think 13 speakers and a sub-woofer.

I paid the extra when I bought my SAAB with the 13 speaker set up called the Premium 300. It came with an additional 300 watt amplifier, 2 x subs and a centre speaker. I have since added a further active sub in the boot, unfortunately the SAAB subs were that by name only and not by nature.

Hoping to finally finish mine next month, spent days (couple weeks really then left it for over a year!!) deadening the interior and upgrading/bypassing the entire system from Saab's fantastic fibre optic set up to a more normal system. The standard system really is dreadful, ive gone for a SQ set up, so no big subs, just 4 way active system. 3 ways up front, 6x9 subs in the shelf, then TA'd & EQ'd to the drivers seat.

Almost done! just have to mount the door speakers with custom MDF baffles (tried and failed) mids in the dash (failed again) & tweeters in the a-pillars (not gone to plan as nothing fits in the stock locations) then wire up the amps, tune and it's done. Couple days work really and it'll be finished :rolleyes:

Yup, too true lmao. I go for a drive when ever I can in the ZS. It really is quite bizarre how much I enjoy this car compared to all the others I've had.

And spent a lot of money on them lol. As far as Smile per Miles go, this car is up there with my WRX JDM Scooby which had 1000's spent on suspension, bushes, ARB, strut braces, light weight alloyes and Toyo tyres. The amount of "up there" cars I've sat on the arse of driving through bendy roads is unreal and also sat on the arse of a BMW 330Ci on acceleration up to about 75mph. They really knew what they were doing when they made this car. Worth having a look at Tiff Nedells video from 5th Gear when he test drove the ZR, ZS and ZT. He said it was one of the best front wheel drive cars he has driven. Even todays standard he still loves em.

Some major work going in to the old girl over the next 2 or 3 weeks (will get a thread going ;) ) but will be doing the all 3 Cambelts, water pump, guides, uprated valve springs and caps, and going to use a mad combination that me and friend worked out using parts from the ZT190 and the ZS180 as we have found a fast road cam set-up using standard parts ;) ;) ;) Clutch is also being done as well as enlarged throttle body. Then hopefully going for it's remap in March. Should see it between 210 and 220bhp which will be amazing in this car with the VIS system :)

I have a little set up in an SC430
Alpine double din head unit conversion
Mark Levinson standard active 3 way fronts
Beatsonic MVA-13L interface modified for European use
DLS A5 amp
2 x JL W10 3V3 in custom sealed enclosures