Good Morning

powerdesal

Car
Kia Sportage CRDI
Hi, I have just joined.
Interested in knowing if anyone has improved their Kia Sportage diesel with a ''tuning box'' (for want of a better description).
I would like to improve economy and performance, particularly for towing.

Hello & Welcome, a lot of people will warn you to stay away from tuning boxes as all the do is fool the ECU, I have ran a tuning box on 2 of my cars with no problems over the last 4 years but as they will become an MOT failure and I cant be bothered removing it from the car I have decided to go for the Remap option.

As long as you go with a reputible company then you should have no problems, do not buy those cheap ones from ebay as most of them are just expensive resistors hidden in a plastic box.

Not sure on the gains that you would expect on your engine but I gained 60 lb/ft and 35 bhp from a DTUK tuning box.

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hi, I have just joined.
Interested in knowing if anyone has improved their Kia Sportage diesel with a ''tuning box'' (for want of a better description).
I would like to improve economy and performance, particularly for towing.

Hi powerdesal,

Welcome to the forum.

What age is your Sportage?

We offer full custom remapping for these, so if we can help just shout ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back