Good explanation of correct seating position

It may be to people like us.:)

Un commonsense would be a better way to put it based on my observations ;)

It seems that many are clueless with many driving with straight arms or 1 straight arm generally @ 12 o'clock and the other hand on the stick or the h/brake with the young set thinking they look cool and blissfully unaware of the potential danger in a crash .V(

When the SRS activates in a milli second and the bag EXPLODES and inflates @200+kph the hand is in the 12 position will either give you an uppercut like it was delivered by Mike Tyson OR drive it into the roof with painful consequences.

It may be to people like us.:)

Un commonsense would be a better way to put it based on my observations ;)

It seems that many are clueless with many driving with straight arms or 1 straight arm generally @ 12 o'clock and the other hand on the stick or the h/brake with the young set thinking they look cool and blissfully unaware of the potential danger in a crash .V(

When the SRS activates in a milli second and the bag EXPLODES and inflates @200+kph the hand is in the 12 position will either give you an uppercut like it was delivered by Mike Tyson OR drive it into the roof with painful consequences.

Fair point. Thing is I am very aware of SRS. My last 3-4 car are littered with 'bags. Sides of seats, all vertical pillars etc. Sometimes hard to know where not to put limbs :) I also make a point of ensuring that the GPS charge cable isn't draped across an of SRS enclosures else that becomes a hard ABS plastic missile too.

Thankfully only experienced SRS deployment once in June 2009. ie once ever, not that it only happened once that particular month :D

I do try to keep a sense of humour about 24th June 2009. At the time it wasn't remotely funny. 60mph frontal impact. I was lucky, climbed out of the car.

Other party emerged from LHS joining road across my path. I managed to avoid passenger compartment of other car. Hit engine bay instead. Other party and 'witnesses' known to that party made statements to Police.

I was questioned by Traffic Officer, at my home. Effectively giving a statement. I volunteered to be interviewed under caution.

Litigation ensued between me and other party. Police not remotely interested in pursuing me (phoned and told me so). The road forensic evidence told the truth.

Just under 4 years later I was awarded £35,000 plus costs and losses.

Good to see that the truth finally won out and that the BS statements of the "witnesses" were discredited |B

Full frontal is the safest way to crash if one has to crash ;)

Did you or your passengers sustain any lasting injuries?

I was alone in the car. Right foot slightly damaged; I now walk with a slight but noticeable limp. Bigger impact is psychological. I have some serious PTS issues, anxiety and depression.
I agree, frontal is the safest type. Mine was a 3/4 hit.

Sorry to hear of this but hopefully there will be an end to your troubles in the not too distant future.

Hopefully this forum helps in some small way :)

Sorry to hear of this but hopefully there will be an end to your troubles in the not too distant future.

Hopefully this forum helps in some small way :)

It's OK. I can cope with these things.I have strategies. My enthusiasm for driving has not been diminished. I am still as purposeful and swift as ever.

Thanks TCJ, your kind words mean a lot.