Golf v tdi service advise

Paulbuff

Car
Golf v tdi
Good day to all. My golf v tdi on an 07 plate is overdue for a service. I was just wondering if you guys could give me some help as to what is the best oil and parts to get. It’s been almost 10000 miles since I last serviced her. I changed oil and filter air and pollen filters. What would you guys suggest I change this time and what are the parts and oil to use and where is the best place to buy them.

I am also quite embarrassed to say I’ve been using supermarket diesel. So I think I will want to give the engine a good cleaning out. Again what’s the best to use for that as there are so many products out there not sure which one to go for. I’ve seen some threads on here which recommend bg244. Is it any good to help restore the engine.

Thanks in advance for any help and for taking time to read.

I will be staying away from supermarket fuel in the future.

P.s I’ve seen a lot of people going on about a stage 1 remap. Any ideas of where to get it done in the Thanet area. Thanks again.
Paul

10k since last service, what's the total mileage? It makes a bit of a difference as to what needs doing. EG when, if ever, was the gearbox oil replaced?

Re your remap JR Tuning is in Kent and mobile. They should be able to advise on what a remap will achieve for your car and, if you want to go ahead, they should be able to do it :)

10k since last service, what's the total mileage? It makes a bit of a difference as to what needs doing. EG when, if ever, was the gearbox oil replaced?

Re your remap JR Tuning is in Kent and mobile. They should be able to advise on what a remap will achieve for your car and, if you want to go ahead, they should be able to do it :)

The mileage is just over 140000. And I’m not sure if the gearbox oil has ever been done. Is that something I could do myself and again what’s the best oil to do the job

I cant comment on supermarket diesel as I use petrol.
I will be staying away from supermarket fuel in the future
but this seems over the top.
I use Tesco Momentum99 exclusively. Most Scooby drivers in the UK use either that or Shell Nitro+ as we (and other performance car drivers) need the high octane to release the full potential of turbo engines.
What I'm saying is that not all supermarket fuels need to be avoided ;)

I would think that "supermarket fuels"would come from one of the well known brands suppliers terminals.???

Hi and welcome to TC forums. Opie Oils are regarded as the place to go for oils. BG44 or Archoil6500 I think it is now is the cleaner I put through my engine each service. Get it direct from Powerenhancer.co.uk or they have an eBay store. If you use the link posted all over this forum site, the admins get a little cashback which all goes to help keep this site running also. Remap is a definite, good gains on all the PD diesel engines. What engine have you got? My 170TDI is now dynoing at around 200HP. The 140 version will make around 165-170HP, don't believe the hyped up quotes of 190 - 200HP the standard turbo just wont give that much puff. Celtic Tuning, Quantum tuning and Avon Tuning are all good mappers with agents across the UK.

Thanks for that. I got the 1.9 tdi think it’s the 105bhp though saying that it feels like quite a few horses are on holiday or have escaped. Is it advisable to run both cleaners threw the engine ( at different times obviously) and if yes which one will be better to go in first and after how long should I put the next one in. Thanks again

Thanks for that. I got the 1.9 tdi think it’s the 105bhp though saying that it feels like quite a few horses are on holiday or have escaped. Is it advisable to run both cleaners threw the engine ( at different times obviously) and if yes which one will be better to go in first and after how long should I put the next one in. Thanks again

Found it for you. Now called AR6400, they keep changing the numbers :oops:
You just need a bottle of this stuff http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/archoil-ar6400-d-pro-diesel-cleaner-pea-concentrate-639.html
If you want a more substantial clean then a garage can do a full engine clean with a machine but this is normally around £200. Some like the DPF doctor network of garages will have an package that includes a remap at the same time. I think IIRC the 105HP unit remaps to around 130hp in standard trim, good gains as it was massively detuned for emissions and economy but like most diesels actually give better economy with the extra power unless you floor it everywhere. My remapped Golf is 200HP but at motorway cruising see's 60+mpg so win win

Just rereading your op about servicing. Water pump and cambelt should be changed every 4 years. Brake fluids, powersteering fluids in fact any fluids if they've not been flushed and changed in last few years I would have done. Call it a recommission of the engine that will go a long way to restoring lost power and prevent bigger problems down the line

Thanks again. I’ve ordered the bg244 and the ar 6500 which I found on eBay. So I’ll just try that and see how it goes.
With regards to the fluids is that something I can do myself. I’m no mechanic but I’ve got a bit of knowledge when it come to cars ( just a bit). I’ve been servicing the car myself since I got, just oil and filters, I’m not sure where the water pump is but I might be able to change that myself with the help of YouTube ofcourse.
Cam belt I would need to save up for that as I think it would be to much if a big job for me.

Again any preference on oil for golf v.

Have you got standard service or long life service schedule as they're different oils. Mines a longlife schedule and requires a VW507 00 compliant oil. Type your reg in Opie Oils site and they'll recommend your best option. Any of the big brand stuff will be fine
http://www.opieoils.co.uk

Okay ar6500 arrived today and the bg244 is coming tomorrow and tank needs filling, as I’m not doing any long trips till end of next week, should I wait till I add one of them in.
Checked out that site and going to get some Fuchs gt1.

Is it better to change oil before or after running the cleaner through.

Okay ar6500 arrived today and the bg244 is coming tomorrow and tank needs filling, as I’m not doing any long trips till end of next week, should I wait till I add one of them in.
Checked out that site and going to get some Fuchs gt1.

Is it better to change oil before or after running the cleaner through.

I would recommend that you use the cleaner before the oil change as the cleaning action may add gunk that may get past the rings and into the oil pan.