golf TDI(115 hp)problem

Torque Junkie
Car
golf 1.9 TDI 120 hp
started this thread couse i had a prob on my dads car(97 mk3 golf tdi),i just solved it and maybe som1 else had the problem so it could help maybe...at first car started loseing boost,and in the end it lost all the power and was going nowere...especialy on hils it could barely keep 60 kph!!!!at first we tought its electronic problem(couse it got direct injection,air-flow sensor and thinks)but it wasnt...it turned that the catalist(not sure im useing the right word-it reduces emitions from engine) jamed,and turbo neded some cleaning too...we removed the catalist and cleand the turbo and car is going like hell!!!!:bigsmile::bigsmile:just tryed it its goes even better than before(becouse catalist is removed)and it also sounds better than before..u can stil recognise its a diesel but its beter than before for sure!!!!soo removing catalist ads 6-7 hp so now its 120hp!!!!!great:bigsmile::bigsmile:

actualy the problem is not solved completly yet:sad2::sad2::sad2:when tryed it on longer run today had problems on hils again....it loses power again will need to replase electronic stuff....i think that the problem is air-flow sensor....dad said hill problably replase whole electronic with it...so ill tell u what the resolts are...:blink1: