golf r32 cylinder head

spike2018

Tuner
Car
Golf MK5 GTI
hello all,

i am thinking of buying a 2006 golf R32 with about 45,000 miles, i have been told that the cylinder head goes on these and its very expensive to fix, is this a common problem or just rummer?? i realy want this car but have been a little put off by this

any help or advise would be greatly appricated

thanks
tom

all cars have gots there own unique faults, could just be a rumor, but the r32's are very sporty and i suppose anyone that owns one, knows that there good for speeding around in, and i suppose thats all there used for lol so when your racing around problems can generally occur depending on how you drive it. but if you got the money to buy one, then good luck to ya mate, would be nice to be able to drive one myself but its the insurance that would kick me in the ... uno. :). any way look at it this way, expensive cars are usually expensive to maintain, thats my opinion anyway.

lol iv got a landrover defender which im selling hopfully for bout 17,000 n then gunna get the golf for bout 15, then the otha 2 grand is going on insurance lol, but its gunna b worth it, yer i dnt mind it being expensive 2 maintain, so long as i dnt no about an expensive problem before i buy one lol

cant say ive heard of this problem. other than the normal vag issues the only other one ive heard of is haldex controller going (loses 4wd) and cylinder 3 iirc running lean when boosted

welcome to the site anyway mate