Golf MkIV Wing Mirror

Se7eN

Wrench Pro
A few weeks ago I made the school boy error of bashing my drivers side wing mirror off the intercom on the way into work, (genius I know.)

The result was a large and nasty scratch right back to the black plastic on the wing mirror cover. The resulting attempt to try and fix this is not brilliant and five or six paces from the car still looks obvious.

So much so I would consider buying a new cover for the wing mirror. I've checked out various sites. The best one seems to be wing mirror man as they will paint the cover themselves if i supply the paint code so it will match the rest of the car, better than what I can achieve anyway.

Does anyone have any prior experience or knowledge of this company?
or can you offer an alternative?

Using wet and dry paper and a touch up pen you should achieve a reasonable finish. Have a read of our stone chip repair article for more information. You should be able to spray it yourself without too much trouble - there is an article on plastic painting also which may help you.

How much is he charging - this is the question really. If its only 10-20 notes its worth it to save the hassel and get a professional job.

Visiting a breakers yard you might get lucky and find one in your colour although the car is so new this is rather unlikely.