golf mk3 se

azzy

Torque Junkie
Car
rover 620ti
hi can someone plz help me. my golf 1.4 se . when i start my car up my revs dont work and petrol light goes on and off sucking petrol even more and when i drive it goes on and off with revs and speedo . wat can that be .

Sounds like a bad earth or loose connection to me. Does the interior light or anything else go off when this happens?

erm no mate just the revs goes on and off when i press gas and speedo jumps, petrol takes more fuel. av not tryed the ground but why would petrol go more ohh and my digital miles doesnt read correct so there is something reseting all time and when i put the tick over the key it works fine every thing its just when i drive the car or press gas mate

That my friend is well wierd!:eek: It sounds like it is messing with some engine sensors as well. I'd make this a priority fix, if it is running rich that will not be good for the cat.

I wonder if the alternator is not supplying enough current. More revs - more sparks and a bigger drain on the battery & alternator. Its a longish shot but battery and alternator condition is probably one of the easiest things to get checked.

erm that happend after i put my car audio 2 12s and 4000 watts amp. then i felt this happend mate

pull the fuse and see if it goes back to normal if not id double check all earth points and sensors/wires where youve run the power cable through