golf 4motion repair

Car
vw 2.0 tdi 4motion
Hi new to this but its great to read some of the questions and answers that pop up
and enthusiasm and pure love for the car mod world.
Anyway I'm bought myself a none runner about 5 months ago a VW golf 2005 2.0 Tdi 4motion, the classic belt tensioner stud in the head striped out and yes snap bang
wallop. Have had the head nearly all done just the cams and carrier to fit before replacement to the block. don't worry I've cleared and had the all the necessary bits ie rockers and needle rollers from the rockers, oil ways. but I wont to get more power out of this turbo, I've read your infro on turbos but is there a bolt on item with
no real alteration for my old bagger
Many thanks

Hi buddy and welcome to the forum.

Im guessing your engine is the BKD engine code 140hp?
There are a lot of things you can do to get extra grunt out of this engine and plenty of places on the net, Google is your best friend|B
As with everything in the tuning world it depends on budget as you can spent a few hundred on an ecu remap or a plug and play tuning box and see good gains ( Around 40-50hp ) or you can go balls out and get a hybrid turbo, bigger intercooler etc and a custom remap done on a dyno and see well over the 200hp from that engine.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

A remap or tuning box (piggy back ecu not the cheap ebay boxes) are good easy power upgrades.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello and welcome to this awesome site, one of my favourite sites around, we generally have quite good banter and laughs on here so please stick around and post loads, looking forward to getting to know you better.

Hello, I'm back from two weeks holidays with family and I know it seems like two years due to the fact I really haven't been able to get on my VW golf project.... sorry guys. the main reason is I keep fighting with myself to "mod or not to mod that is the question" I have not been completely lazy with the 2.0 4motion its just its in my make up to try and get possible a little bit more before I've even done the basics ha. But really do think need to replace the turbo unit as I have checked the play on the shaft turbines and its seems to have play from side to side.
the upgrade that you guys kindly recommend a ( bigger as I remember turbo from a vw parssat must be a bolt on unit with out to mush alterations. Yes I'm getting there slowly but now the misses is given me a look why is this car still at the front of the garage..........women!
cheers dues.

sorry the word was "much" in the second from last post not "mush"... mind you it would mush if I fitted it to the engine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back