Glanza's turbo leaking ?

spd6145

Car
Toyota Starlet
Hi!I'm owner of a Toyota Starlet EP-91 (1997).After an accident i desided to "convert" into Glanza.Now after few years of use i realized that the turbine is a ct-9a instead ct-9b (that Glanzas have).One day after had to remove intercooler , i found oil in it until the end of intake route.I assume it's from my turbine.The question is: Can i replace it with something else, in order to get more power without too much conversions (as much plug and play as possible)?Is there any popular set up?

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)
It could just be that the turbo needs a rebuild kit due to it leaking oil, if you have no black smoke coming from the exhaust all might be well. Unless you bought the turbo new then I would be inclined to strip it down and do the seals. Not sure about another turbo choice for more power, hopefully someone will be along with better advice for you.

Thanks for the reply!No,the turbo is not new and there is no smoke from the exhaust.Do you have something in mind?

You have no idea how old the turbo is, so if you like the performance then take the turbo off and rebuild it with a kit, new seals etc. If you are looking for a bigger turbo then you cannot just bolt one on and off you go. You will need to check that the injectors and fuel pump can keep up, plus you will have to tell the ECU you have a bigger turbo so that it can do it justice.

So i 'm staying with the ct-9 repaired set up.What about peripherals.Is it something i can do to gain a little bit more power from it (without risking damages)?

Sorry for the too many questions,but how is going to be this.You mean something like more "free" air entrance?I'm already grateful from your replies!

Hi flowing is fitting a larger comp wheel in the compressor that is machined to suit so the turbo still looks factory and they may also machine the exit into the snail to flow more as well.

IF you are trying to track leaks in the turbo and any thing related then get a smoke machine test to locate the source if any are to be found.