Getting rid of all 4 catalyst from the V6 3.0

Frnick

Car
Peugeot 406 V6
I have cut off them from the exhaust system and replaced with a pipe. I welded nuts and replaced the lambda sensors, all 4. After this the motor lamp lights and when reving the engine it causes unnormal bangs/explosions.

I suppose the ecu get confused and pushing too much fuel, just a wild guess.

anyone with advice of how to solve this issue?

I know the purpose of decatting. Your post made no mention of this being a car for track only.

Have you adjusted your map?
If you mean adjusted/remapped the ecu so no, haven’t done that. Don’t know anyone able to do this.
is it possible to send the ecu box to someone for mapping and getting rid of the rev stop?

I guess you could send the ECU away, but you'll get a generic map that won't be suited to your car and will probably cause more problems.
No, you need a mapper on a rolling road to get the best results.

Rather than guessing you need to put this on a rolling road and see if it's running rich or lean, my guess is it's running lean or perhaps isn't getting enough air in. Try removing the air filter and see if it runs any better like that, if it does then look for a better induction kit.

Postal remaps are available, try JF automotive in the Uk, they are pretty reliable and know their stuff.

As @Lunchmoney says, a custom remap on a rolling road is exactly what you need.

Have you done fast road cams yet? If not I'd recommend this before the remap.

Thanks, i will try to find some one with software to connect the ecu and test on rolling bench

I guess you could send the ECU away, but you'll get a generic map that won't be suited to your car and will probably cause more problems.
No, you need a mapper on a rolling road to get the best results.
Thanks for your advice! I suppose the ecu went in “limp mode” and give too much fuel right now

It may just need more air, rather than less fuel, but it's hard to determine anything without putting it up on the rolling road and seeing what's going on.

Hello there, may I wish you a very warm welcome, it's great to have you join us. We hope you enjoy the site and the forum, and please do get stuck into the discussions, we love reading your opinions and hearing about your experiences.

Problem solved! Quite simple solution. I bought 2pcs “lambda delete” from me tuning in Sweden and deleted the error code with a simple odb2 reader. They were mounted on second sensor on both banks. Works just fine!!!

Problem solved! Quite simple solution. I bought 2pcs “lambda delete” from me tuning in Sweden and deleted the error code with a simple odb2 reader. They were mounted on second sensor on both banks. Works just fine!!!
Mr Tuning

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back