Get rid of those Morons driving to close!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It really bugs me when I see someone so close that they couldn't stop anywhere near quickly enough If I had to pull up sharply and they are generally on their mobile phones.

How do you get rid of a driver that gets too close to your car? I've been thinking of installing an oil slick, missiles, spikes and a mine deployment system but as this is a bit expensive and will probably contravene MOT regs I wondered what you suggest.

At the moment I slow up a little - kick down a gear - pull away for a couple of seconds and then flash the brake light on (they usually don't bother acceletating when they see a brake light!) If you pull away too quickly they take this as an invite to race and stay on your rear.

I too, hate tailgaters. Have an arsenal of techniques. Braking just enough to put on the lights is good. Let 'em get comfotable then bury it. I did this once and it caused following driver to leave the road!!! He didn't get hurt but I'm never doing it again. I don't want to kill anyone.

a few years back i was im my father talbot solara with my cousin in the front passager seat and another friend in the back.
there was a guy that got too close to me...i could not see his front lights, i didnt dared to break, 1 second of distraction looking into the back mirror...and i missed the turn and went strait ahead.. got luck in 2 things
1 no car was coming in the oposite lane (my cousin didnt had seat belt on)
2 the turn that i missed was large enough to have time to breake.....

i came out to know that was a friend of us "having fun"....

:lol: That might just work! I guess a jet engine would also help - if they can keep up they will be burnt to a crisp!

a good way

a really good way is just to pull the window washer. When your car is wiping the window, some of the liquid flies over your car onto the car behind you. Just seeing the car behind you pull the wipers is hilarious. usually the do leave some space after this.

the best way to get a moron of your ass is to slow down to 5mph. i did this once to a white van in my home town. only problem was i made sure i went the same way as him . did not get him off my ass but was bloody good to see the look on his face when it took him nearly an hour to do 1/2 mile

My cousins last car used to put the reverse lights on if you pushed down on the gear stick, no matter what gear you were in, this was a good way of getting rid of people driving to close as they never knew what was happening.

I think I would friek out if the car in fronts reversing lights came on. Maybe I should get a switch fitted :lol: .

If you drive a poo ar and someone tailgates you, pull up the hand brake. The person behind will either poo themselves and back off or hit your car, probably getting you more than the car's worth from your insurance company.

Slowing right down to a crawl is great, at least that way they can tailgate all the want cause they ain't going fast enough to do any real damage.

If you drive a punchy car then just slow to 5mph, let a nice queue buid up and then boot it, thereby creating a half mile gap.

I advise you NOT to bury the brake pedal as there's a serious risk of killing someone.

Occasionally I've come to a complete halt and just sat there. The idiot behind is so close he can't even get past and has to ask drivers behind him to reverse so he can manoeuvre past. It's a good way to increase their blood pressure.

Getting out the car and dishing out a bollocking is fine too, I've done this occasionally but at 6'4" and 16 stone I don't fell particularly threatened.

Be cautious

Another good one. If you're driving a grunty RWD car, come to a halt and do and almighty burnout, and then floor it and leave quick! The car behind will be covered in Thousands of tiny bits of tyre rubber, tyre rubber that was so hot it has been burnt into the paint and won't come off. :twisted: That'll teach em.