Get new model or tune owned one?

Kibido

Wrench Pro
Car
Audi S3 1.8t
Hi, I have a 206 1.4 75HP, it's all stock and uses petrol obviously. Before I start I'd like to warn in advance that I know absolutely NOTHING about tuning in general, so please be patient :)
I was wondering if it would be better to start tuning mine or moving on to a specifically made version like the GTi. My deadline would be a car with 140HP, and I'm more interested in acceleration than top speed. Money is an issue here, since I have a bad job and can't afford much tuning all together. So, my questions are:

How much would I roughly spend to upgrade HP on mine?
At what HP could I upgrade it before touching the engine?
Would 140HP give my car bad performance in terms of stability and handling?
Would it differ much from a 140HP GTi?

Thanks and again sorry for the poor professionalism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youd' have to spend 1000s to get double your hp, turbo or supercharger. And youi'd need to upgrade the clutch probably, and definitely brakes and suspension. Get a 206GTI, they're not bad cars apart from a wooly gear change.

Thanks, just wanted to ask, what are the main differences between a standard 206 and a GT 206? I mean in terms of optionals, comfort, handling, general feel of the car and so on... I mean is the GT just a 206 with more HP or are there more differences?

Hey, so yeah... Can't afford a GTi here, and by the way I drive with that HP I would probably smash into the first corner... So I was looking at the XS 1.6 110HP, thought it would be something in between... Is there much difference from the stock 1.4 75HP version in terms of acceleration and general performance (like you said brakes, exhaust, tyres etc.)?
And I need to change this body part of my car since it's VERY dented but I can't seem to find it anywhere to have an idea of how much it costs... Anybody know it's name? It's the one "highlighted" in black...
Thanks a bunch you're really helping me a lot :)

(Sorry haven't reached 10 posts yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
it's part of the shell so will need to be pulled out rather than replaced...

Also the 1.6 16v is a better start at making power,

Look into 106GTi tuning and you'll be good with that...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back