German autobahn top speed limit

well there is already an action on their government about doing it, it's a pathetic way to take attention any idiot like he cares for safety.

I can't see any conceivable reason for them to do that tbh. They don't have the accidents that we do over here

Correct, they have more!

Road related deaths:
Germany - 3657 in 2010
UK - 2222 in 2009

Maybe they do need to do something.

Of course, this reduction in deaths on UK roads over the last few years (down from over 10 a day) has nothing to do with the work done by highway engineers and road safety engineers as they work for local authorities and spend their time drinking tea and thinking up reasons for not doing things.

Correct, they have more!

Road related deaths:
Germany - 3657 in 2010
UK - 2222 in 2009

Maybe they do need to do something.

Of course, this reduction in deaths on UK roads over the last few years (down from over 10 a day) has nothing to do with the work done by highway engineers and road safety engineers as they work for local authorities and spend their time drinking tea and thinking up reasons for not doing things.

Who says that's anything remotely to do with the Autobahn?

I'm sure there are several hundred ladder related deaths per year, probably not all at a ladder factory though. Maybe some pigeon related deaths, not all in Trafalgar square though eh?

Why don't you think so?
because you can drive fast without problems as long as you respect the rules, keep your track, know where how fast to go, know your car, seatbelt, etc.
limiting it to 120 km/h is formal ignorance. you have also deaths from accidents from not being carefully that count on these, but not all are from high speed, they are from not being careful.

Anyone can drive fast, very few can drive fast safely (although most think they can). Even those that can drive fast safely have to contend with other road users who have no idea how fast they (the other driver) is going so can easily make crash inducing decisions.

Speed IS a factor in the severity of crashes and their frequency. If everyone drove at 5mph there would be virtually no crashes or fatalities. If everyone drove flat out there would be lots of crashes and many deaths.

It is finding the acceptable speed that is difficult. Drivers want more because they believe they have the required driving skills (even without training). Road safety engineers and emergency services want less because they have to deal with the aftermath of crashes and know drivers don't have the necessary skills.

It is finding the acceptable speed that is difficult. Drivers want more because they believe they have the required driving skills (even without training). Road safety engineers and emergency services want less because they have to deal with the aftermath of crashes and know drivers don't have the necessary skills.

this is my point. drivers who think that have more skills and not the right car for the right speed.

it's not speed that kills, it's the becoming stationary, that's what gets you - Jeremy Clarkson said that i think. lol

it's not speed that kills, it's the becoming stationary, that's what gets you - Jeremy Clarkson said that i think. lol

That's old. It was orignally coined (I believe) to describe why you die when falling out of a tall building - It isn't the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.

Well I for one would love the opportunity to max out the Beast on an autobahn before the tree huggers ruin it all. I do think they have a serious uphill battle on their hands though.