General MGB advice question...

gratz2

Tuner
Car
Golf V5 auto
Hi,
Girlfriend has got her heart set on either a MGB GT or Roadster :confused:
Anyone know what I should be wary of/look out for as I am getting roped in to help her choose... I have heard floorpans and sills can be problem areas for rust, but do they have any other nasty surprises I should know about? All advice gratefully received...

A friend of mine has a Roadster waiting for restoration while he rebuilds a GT in my back garden. When he is next over (this weekend) I will get him give you a few things to look out for.

Hi,
Girlfriend has got her heart set on either a MGB GT or Roadster :confused:
Anyone know what I should be wary of/look out for as I am getting roped in to help her choose... I have heard floorpans and sills can be problem areas for rust, but do they have any other nasty surprises I should know about? All advice gratefully received...

Have had my Gt for 5 years. Best join mgoc they do a buyers guide for members a technical help line and their spares supply everything.best thing i bought for my mg. Sills and pans definitely a problem, get a solid car as the mechanics are a doddle.check condition of wire wheel hubs and splines if fitted. Check rear heated window on gt is working,change the points for an acuspark electronic system immediately. mgoc mag has many owner loved cars for sale. Buy a GT if you live in a wet cold climate a roadster in the sun. Drive it every day they hate sitting